• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello I feel undernamed.

Tim

Acolyte
Hello everyone. I am excited about being amongst like-minded people, but after looking at most of the user names in here, I'm thinking that Tim maybe was not a wise choice. Maybe I should have chosen: whitewinterelf or scalymountaindragon. I will stick with Tim I think, because hopefully soon we will all share the moniker of friend anyway. Once again, Thank you and I look forward to learning and growing from all of you here.

Sparkie

Auror
There are those who call him: Tim! Welcome to the forums. (Oh, come on! Please tell me you've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail.)

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Tim's the name and Tim-Tim-Timmering is the game. No? I don't like that one either.

Tim the white, wintery, elven mountain dragon? Blech, lame. Nobody likes adjectives anymore (or adverbs, we can only write with nouns and verbs nowadays, but make sure those verbs are bland because the character's full action should be clear from the context of your character and the story...).

I can do better, hold on.

*thinks about it*

I know!

The Timtastical Mountain Dragon! Or ... not.

Well Tim, just Tim, you're welcome to the forums. (Most of us aren't crazy like this.)

Shadoe

Sage
I like Tim. Gives me something to call you. I feel I know who you are. I'm pretty sure whitewinterelf or scalymountaindragon aren't real names. I don't know who those guys are. They could be anything.

Hans

Sage
Hello and welcome Tim.
There is nothing wrong with a simple name. If there was I think I would have noticed by now.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
(Most of us aren't crazy like this.)
Lies!
That's right... lies plural. To claim the majority is sane is so far from the truth, it counts as more than one lie.

Anyway, welcome, Tim a.k.a. He Who Cannot Be Successfully Nicknamed.

Failure! ^

See what I mean?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Lies!
That's right... lies plural. To claim the majority is sane is so far from the truth, it counts as more than one lie.

Ha! And HERE it is proven why YOU are ONLY a SIDE - wait for it - KICK!

For I have NOT said that the majority was SANE! I said that the majority wasn't crazy . . . like this. No, oh no, my good Legend, for the TRUTH is that the Majority is quite mad - but each is afflicted with their own often UNIQUE and DISTINCT madness. And NOT crazy the way YOU and I and especially YOU - and I - are crazy.

Anyway, welcome, Tim a.k.a. He Who Cannot Be Successfully Nicknamed.

Failure! ^

See what I mean?

Tim, He who lacks a Legendary Nickname.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I'm still waiting for the--OW... ah, there's the kick.

Also, when I hit the thanks button it said, "The Following Member Says Thank You to Devor For This Useful Post:
Legendary Sidekick"

The use of "useful" always forces me to read this message in a sarcastic voice.

Tim

Acolyte
I think I might like it here.

Hello everyone. I am excited about being amongst like-minded people, but after looking at most of the user names in here, I'm thinking that Tim maybe was not a wise choice. Maybe I should have chosen: whitewinterelf or scalymountaindragon. I will stick with Tim I think, because hopefully soon we will all share the moniker of friend anyway. Once again, Thank you and I look forward to learning and growing from all of you here.

I read all the responses so far and I think the members here will fit perfectly into my sometimes normal, sometimes crazy existence. Thanks again, from the taco ingesting minotaur or "Tim" for short.

Dreamhand

Troubadour
oh HOOO! So it's NOT Tim, but rather T. I. M.!

As in Tantalizing Incubator of Marvelousness or Tawdry Inhuman Monolith or Tremendous Irrigation Motor.

I get it... GREAT NAME!
(and welcome)