• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Legend of Zelda, anyone?

Lace

Troubadour
The one and only reason I will buy a Wii U is for the new Zelda games for it. (I'll probably get Smash Bros too, but I'm not too bothered.) The only reason I bought the Wii was the same reason.

This is also the only reason I would buy an Wii U! I wish they would just release it for the 3ds so I wouldn't have to buy a completely new system I won't use for anything else.

1: What was the first Zelda game you owned/played?
2: Do you contribute to the fandom, like being on a fansite? Or fanfiction/fanart?
3: Do you draw inspiration from it for your original works? If so, what?
4: Tell me a few other things about your experience with the series. Can be likes, dislikes, whatever.

1) I'm pretty sure it was Wind Waker on the GameCube. But I never got too far (I was a little kid who got creeped out by something (An owl? Can't remember.) you had to find using Aryll's telescope. Yeah....).

2) No.

3) I had an idea to make my main character a thief after playing Link Between Worlds. It never worked out.

4) I really like the Zelda games. The only thing that bothers me are the some of the puzzles (I'm still waiting for Youtube to work on my phone again. Just so I can figure out how to sneak in the castle in OoT. Stupid data limits.). Oh yeah, and Wallmasters. One of the creepiest enemies I've ever encountered in a video game.... (Ornes from Kid Icarus also freak me out.).

Vilya

Scribe
1:The Legend of Zelda. I've been around since the beginning.

2: No, unless helping everyone I know understand Link's awesomeness is furthering the fandom.

3: Zelda for me is all about the hero's journey. It falls into things I write, but especially short stories about fairies.

4: I used to get up early every saturday morning and beat A Link To the Past. It is still my favorite Zelda game.

HisNameIsNara

1. The first Zelda I had was Link's Awakening DX, though I beat one of the console ones before it.

2. I'm not part of the fandom, but I've seen a lot of things from it that I'm really impressed with.

3. The Golden Goddesses. The story of how they created the world in Ocarina of Time was incredible to me, and it carried over into future writings.

4. The only Zelda game I never liked was Zelda II and it's stark change from the first game. I've loved every game since, and I've beaten all of them a bunch of times. I'm playing Majora's Mask 3D right now, and aside from the giant-eyeball-on-every-boss thing I'm in love with it.