• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from Texas

skrite

Scribe
Hello all! Cool community you have here.

I'm S.K. Bright, but my friends have called me Skrite since I was young.
I live in Texas, and have just, in the last couple of years, started writing.

I have always wanted to write, but I did not have much confidence, and life kinda happened.
Now, I believe that I have to do this because I will be angry with myself in 40 years if I don't give it a good shot now.

Nice to meet you all.

Last edited:
Hi Skrite,
I'm new here too. Good job grabbing your passion early. I don't think it's ever too late to start but sooner is always good. I wish I hadn't let life get in the way but, I'm here now. Pleased to meet you.
Mike

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well me skrite
Glad to see you here.
This can be a good place to start you writing journey, wherever the road takes you.
And if you bump in to Roky Erickson - say Hi from me.

skrite

Scribe
Elric, CupofJoe, thanks for the welcomes.
I am really glad i found this place.

There are some interesting minds here.

SD Stevens

Scribe
Hello Skrite, would love to know the story around your name?

Also, if you don't do something about the voices in your head, they will not go away they just get louder! and LOUDER. :D

skrite

Scribe
Hello Skrite, would love to know the story around your name?

Also, if you don't do something about the voices in your head, they will not go away they just get louder! and LOUDER. :D

I know. I have found writing to be very therapeutic.

My story is an adventure for younger audiences (perhaps 12 and up). It is a story about some kids that get caught in the middle of a struggle between two vampires. I know that there is lots and lots of vampire fiction out there, but most of it has some romantic theme to it. This does not, but I hope that it will appeal to its own audience.

SD Stevens

Scribe
There are lots and lots because people like them :) Your ideas sound great. Especially as its about kids caught up in the middle of something. I think a lot of young teens will be able to relate to that as they are often caught up in the middle of adult things....

ArenRax

Sage
I know. I have found writing to be very therapeutic.

My story is an adventure for younger audiences (perhaps 12 and up). It is a story about some kids that get caught in the middle of a struggle between two vampires. I know that there is lots and lots of vampire fiction out there, but most of it has some romantic theme to it. This does not, but I hope that it will appeal to its own audience.
Very few have no romantic theme in them and they usually turn out great. Once I read a book where some teens meet a Vampire Pirate Captain....I'll see if I cant find the title but it was a good series. I myself prefer magic and Dragons and Half blood(animal characteristics on a human body) and knights and Demons. Always can be a good fun.
Welcome to the Scribe and have fun.