• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Long Term Critique Partner Wanted

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Hello folks,

It's your friendly neighborhood Phil the Drill here. I'm finishing up my novel that I started last year in October of 2013. I've edited it and have been going through checking things here and there to smooth it over. But at this point I need a new set of eyes on it.

I'm looking for someone who can be a critique partner for the foreseeable future, or at least until we can get our respective novels ready for agents or self-publishing.

My novel is about 100,000 words or so. Smallish for a fantasy novel, but it's a standalone, so there's no need for a sequel (at least not now).

A little about my novel:

When hunter-idol Mai Askerma, worshiped for her beauty and strength, makes the wrong enemies, her legacy is smeared by a pack of silver-tongued bards. Determined to clear her name, she seeks out those who wronged her, all while carving her way through nightmarish creatures, bounty hunters, and public opinion.

I would define it as an action/fantasy story, lots of blood and violence, dark humor, and some weird characters and creatures.

Interested in trading? I'm open to trading with people I've traded with before as well.

Phill, I don't have the same skill set as you do, but I'm happy to read it and give you my thoughts.
I won't embarrass myself, or waste your time by asking you to read my crap pile until I've hammered out the very worst of the offending issues however.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I got more offers than I expected, which is awesome! Thanks everyone who has PMed me and commented here. I'd only like one partner for now, but I appreciate everyone who chimed in. I'm going to figure out who offered to exchange first and go with that person. Of course, this is only for a critique partner at the moment. I'd love to have beta readers later on (maybe 2 or 3?) so I'd be happy to beta read for others later on as well.

Thanks again everyone! This was a nice surprise this morning. :)

Philip, I just this week finished a manuscript, so it's settin'. But I'll be in touch in the near future. :)

Last edited:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Thanks Juli. I currently have two partners, which is more than enough for me since I'm doing a load of writing as well. I'm sure there are other people interested in trading though as I always see posts about finding partners on here.

Hey, Philip,
Great. :) Good luck with it. Mine's still setting (yeah, life sorta got in the way of that manuscript), but yes, I'm sure I'll find someone.