• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Nano Camp April 2015

Tom

Istar
I just logged in and created my novel, after spending fifteen minutes digging around for the tiny notebook I keep my passwords in. My username is M Schiller. Exactly that--capital M, capital S, space between the two.

Nimue

Auror
I feel like I really ought to do this for my current WIP, but I don't want to knock us out of a full cabin. I may just do this on my own time!

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
okay 18 hours till cabin assignment. Get on the list so Blue Lotus can invite you to the nano scribes cabin!
Let's rock it out this April. We play games, motivate, and generally keep it fun and friendly. Join us!

C

Chessie

Is it too late to join in? I've decided to do it after all (and I enjoyed our November group). I'm YogiChess over there.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Gotcha.

Okay, so it looks like we have a private cabin and there's no need to make it public. We're all alone, scribes, so we can fill this cabin with 5-6 more people. Please put your nano name on your post if we haven't got you.

To access the cabin, respond to the invite and then hit "my cabin" in "community" tab.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
gotcha.

I guess they made private cabins a new option. Last year they only let you request up to six friends and the other six people in the cabin were random. This year it looks like you get to do a private cabin that is all requested friends. how fun!

gotcha.

I guess they made private cabins a new option. Last year they only let you request up to six friends and the other six people in the cabin were random. This year it looks like you get to do a private cabin that is all requested friends. how fun!
I'm excited. We have a fantastic group once again. As for the number of people allowed in I'm not sure, the system never told me a limit, but only people we invite can get in because it is private so no "lame ducks." so to speak.

I just hijacked a tanker truck load of midnight oil. Now everyone will have a light to write by all month long. Morning, noon and night! The driver was a tish upset with me. I just shrugged in that extra-bad-ass way I have. "Tough shoe leather. We need it more;" I muttered as I pushed past him and clambered into the drivers seat.
Consequently, the truck is parked outside the cabin. If one of you would kindly bust out the camo paint I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
Still working on a few surprises for the gang. And of course we are looking for input to see what everyone would like to see this go round.
So pipe up and shout out. Tell us what we can do to make your Camp experience really rock! :)
xoxo ~C~

Last edited:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Two spots left in our Mythic Cabin. We've got some fun planned for this session, so get your name on the list if you are interested in joining.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
My name was on the list but I never got an invite. I've been assigned to another cabin.

Rescue me?

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Cicca said you didn't have a work created but obviously that is fixed now if you're in a cabin If you try to invite someone who hasn't "created a novel" the invite bounces and it doesn't let you select them. Okay, so get out of your current cabin and I'll get you into ours. Thanks for letting me know.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Ah, that's better. In the other cabin I gave a shout out to my fellow Scribers and there were crickets. This one's better. Bunk beds *and* a fireplace. Ooh, and an alembic!

I think that is it, the cabin is full. YAY.
Alison from the November fb pg joined us in the cabin. I keep telling her to join us here as well. ;)
Edit: Sian from the fb pg joined us as well.

Last edited: