• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Two Lies and a Truth

Panda

Troubadour
I already gave Philster the thanks for "protective of my friends." The 50 Shades one would be hilarious if it were true, though.

I'm going to guess you went rock climbing in flip-flops. I know you've mentioned elsewhere on these forums that you're accident-prone, and that sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

I am a professional....

...web programmer
...poker player
...motivational speaker

Philster401

Maester
Web programmer
I hate supernatural
I have seen every episode of modern doctor who
I like the walking dead

Last edited:

Tom

Istar
You hate Supernatural.

I want to go into the anthropology field.

My favorite Star Wars episode is Phantom Menace.

Coffee doesn't affect me at all.

Panda

Troubadour
You've seen every modern Dr Who episode.

I really want to hear Tom's rock-climbing story.
I went rock-climbing once but, when I got to the top, a guy said "The things I do for love!" and pushed me.
I'm totally not procrastinating on finishing my Diversity in SFF Challenge entry right now

Tom

Istar
@Phil: Nope!

I considered anthropology for a while, but now I've decided on illustration/comic art/animation.

My favorite Star Wars episode is probably either Revenge of the Sith or The Empire Strikes Back.

@Panda:

You really want to hear my rock climbing story. :D

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
You wanna hear Tom's story, procrastinator.
Yes, yes I do. :D

EDIT - Maybe you're not a procrastinator. You responded to my post two minutes before I posted it.

I am a glorified babysitter.
I am a criminal mastermind.
If I name two famous people from my town, you've heard of one or both of them.

Tom

Istar
Um, so...I was camping out in New Mexico with family friends, and we took an ATV ride to a state forest out there. There are rock formations everywhere, so my dad's friend wanted to climb them. He wanted it to be a surprise, and so he didn't tell us what we would be doing. Figuring we'd just be out for a quick spin, I wore flip-flops.

That's how I ended up rock climbing in flip-flops. It was...interesting. Especially since I also had a huge open scrape on my leg that had almost gotten me a case of blood poisoning. I made it all the way to the top!

Panda

Troubadour
You wanna hear Tom's story, procrastinator.

EDIT - Maybe you're not a procrastinator. You responded to my post two minutes before I posted it.

I am a glorified babysitter.
I am a criminal mastermind.
If I name two famous people from my town, you've heard of one or both of them.

That's 'cause I'm a timelord. :D

You've got two famous people in your town. I know you're not a glorified babysitter because I already told you teachers like you are awesome and make a difference.

EDIT: OMG, Tom. I thought you meant indoor rock climbing. You're lucky you didn't fall. :eek:

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
@Phil or Tom or whichever cat got it wrong before Panda got it right,
Glorified Babysitter is only a semi-truth, which counts as a lie unless I'm wrong about the truth. Let's find out…

Johnny Appleseed
R. A. Salvatore

Have you heard of at least one of these guys?
(If not, I'll reclassify "glorified babysitter" as "the harsh truth" or "the sad truth" and give it to you.)

@Panda,
There's also Robert Cormier, a published author from whom Bob Salvatore sought advice back in his pre-fame days.

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
Oooh! My turn!

I'm actually a hyper-intelligent shade of the color blue.

I work at Sea World.

I look like my avatar.

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Do you work at Sea World? I can't imagine you hate being a moderator, unless of course BD's paying you less than he's paying me.

Right now I am…

Fooling around with two pretty ladies at the same time.
Working on two computers at the same time.
Alternately working on a pretty lady's computer and fooling around on my own computer.

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
Do you work at Sea World? I can't imagine you hate being a moderator, unless of course BD's paying you less than he's paying me.

I'll give you credit because I felt bad for posting that Mod thing, so I changed it. That being said, you of all people know that I'm actually a hyper-intelligent shade of the color blue.

Reaver

Staff
Right now I am…

Working on two computers at the same time.
Alternately working on a pretty lady's computer and fooling around on my own computer.