• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Extraordinary Tales

Hello, I'm an aspiring author-type, no doubt in good company here. I'm mostly here for feedback for my burgeoning novel which as a working title I am calling Jed and the Cold Bloods. This is my first attempt at a long-form writing of any sort.
Well, I suppose that's not quite true, but none of my earlier attempts at literature are anything I want to share with anybody, mired in my teens as I was at the time.

Anyways, I look forward to becoming part of this greater community of authors. Anybody who wants to take a look at my work can either find it here or look at the relevant thread I aim to create after achieving sufficient post count.

My book, having originally started as a medieval fantasy and evolved somewhat, is a wild west themed tale of supernatural mystery.

It takes place on the vast and free continent of Mescona, in a world much like our own in the early 19th century, and yet different: stranger and wilder. We follow Jed Marcusson, who is the sheriff of the sleepy town of Dormis, the wary eye that guards its agrarian borders. What starts as a search for a lost heifer turns into a battle for the very survival of the village as Dormis is assaulted by cold-blooded beasts straight out of myth. Can the stalwart sheriff and his faithful deputies stand firm against the vicious and ancient Boreans?

There are whispers, too, of witchcraft most foul afoot in this isolated town, and the stalwart sheriff, sworn ever to protect these lands and their people, is the only one in a position to do anything about it. With his friends at his side - not to mention his trusty .45 - and the wisdom of his father close to heart, Jed might just win the day if he's quick and clever and tough.

That is, if he doesn't run out of bullets first.

Yours, PS

Last edited:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met PS Extraordinary Tales
Don't know how I missed you post before now...
Make yourself at home.
Share what you know and learn what you need.
I've tried a Wild-West/Cthulhu style story once before and had a great time with linking in [bits of] Native American myths alongside the Elder gods.

The Goblin

Banned
(...please do not shoot the goblin; he is the piano player...)

(Pound those horse teeth!)
________V
MoblinOrange.png
MoblinBlue.png
MoblinOrange.png
MoblinOrange.png

Last edited: