• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Only you can help me avoid my seminar paper!

Larkin

Scribe
Hi. I'm new. I've been posting madly today because it's either that or work on a seminar paper due next Wednesday (I'm in decent shape to finish it by Monday, but am so ridiculously lazy about it it's not funny.)

A/S/L: 30, female, in a Ph.D program in upstate New York (English literature, late Elizabethan/early Jacobean drama). I knit and crochet, watch ice hockey, am enslaved to a furry four-legged terror known as a "cat", and also dabble with fantasy stories every now and again. I'm a big fan of Fritz Leiber and Ursula K. LeGuin, and as far as modern folks go like anyone who can tell a good story with a minimum of cruft or needless exposition.

In conclusion: Help me procrastinate, please!

Larkin

Scribe
Awesome! Perhaps by that point I will be halfway through the seminar paper.

(Stop looking skeptical.)

Ghost

Inkling
I'd help you, but I got distracted by Smokey the Bear. Why doesn't he wear a shirt? I don't understand half-clothed animals. They need to commit to their roles and wear entire outfits. Shirtless beasts like Smokey and pantsless waterfowl like Donald the Duck are half-assing it.

Larkin

Scribe
Actually, if they aren't wearing pants, I would think they were full-assing it.

This is treading dangerously close to Furry territory. :(

I am the master of procrastination (just ask the two research papers I wrote in two days last week) and this site has become one of my greatest tools. Some solid time-dumps can be found by reading and posting in the showcase (plus you can read some pretty talented peoples' work). Or, you can just read the whole Legendary Sidekick Trigger Challenge thread, which will probably take you around a week. Oh, and welcome.

Larkin

Scribe
I have apparently procrastinated in my reply, but thanks for the welcome, everyone else who posted since I last did!

Hello there, If you look about you will find an endless supply of matterial to assit you in your quest to avoid acctual work :D

I think we take it as a point of pride to suck people into our deep, dark, black hole of a community. Holding them hostage until sheer exhastion wins out.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.
~BL~