• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Pregnant MCs

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
That's a great motivation, buyjupiter. There could be some social need to identify him (publicly) before the child is born. So it's something she needs to do, both for herself and for the kid. Entirely convincing.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
oh yeah, pregnancy hair! i totally forgot. With my first child (I say my first, but I had a miscarriage before my first child, so still the "first" to me because it was the first to get past eight weeks), I had luxurious long hair, down past my butt. It was so wonderful! With the later three, strawlike hair that didn't look luxurious. Go figure...

buyjupiter

Maester
oh yeah, pregnancy hair! i totally forgot. With my first child (I say my first, but I had a miscarriage before my first child, so still the "first" to me because it was the first to get past eight weeks), I had luxurious long hair, down past my butt. It was so wonderful! With the later three, strawlike hair that didn't look luxurious. Go figure...

Huh. I'd always heard that it was with every pregnancy that you get Rapunzel hair. Every time I've asked (like a sample of six people) someone what the best part of being pregnant was the answer's been "lots of hair! Especially cuz I don't have thick hair to begin with."

(I'm sorry that it was hard to get there, those must have been tough months/years.)

Mr. Steve

Scribe
Just chiming in here that, when my wife was pregnant, she developed food aversions instead of cravings. For the first trimester and a half, pretty much anything too herby was a no-go under pain of nausea.