• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

2nd Edition Edits: Is this too much?

FarmerBrown

Troubadour
In addition to fixing typos and grammar, is it okay to change sentences around and add sentences? I'm not thinking of adding huge blocks of text, just a few subtle changes that would help flow and help the characters act more like themselves. I did do some searching and just couldn't find a straight answer for (fantasy) fiction.

Absolutely - it's a second edition not just a minor typo edit. Even new chapters wouldn't be out of place. It's probably not a good habit to get into really - but there's no reason why not.

skrite

Scribe
Absolutely - it's a second edition not just a minor typo edit. Even new chapters wouldn't be out of place. It's probably not a good habit to get into really - but there's no reason why not.

I agree, any edit where you find a place to improve your story, structure, etc.. take the oportunity.

FarmerBrown

Troubadour
It's also getting a new cover (same overall design but better...or maybe something completely new, who knows?!?) with series info on it, so it's a good opportunity for "improvements" ;) Thanks for input!