• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Good evening all!

Oddly_Heroic

Hey guys, how's it going?

My name is Rob, and I'm pretty excited that I found this forum, lol. I've been writing for about ten years, since I was in the fourth grade. We were given an assignment to take a story book, a cute little book filled with creepy pictures - all black and white and beautiful - and no narration, choose a picture and put a story to it. I took the assignment and ran with it, composing a tale that wasn't nearly appropriate for my age (it got me sent to the school psychologist) but kinda great. Excuse the over-dramatic metaphor, but this assignment lit a fire in me, and it hasn't stopped since (I'm 21 now.)... until recently.

I've been experiencing quite a bit of writer's block lately. I can see plot lines in my head, but I can't seem to put them to words. I'm hoping I can find some help here?

But that's not my only purpose for being here. I love reading fellow writer's stories. It makes me happy. I also love to help in the creation of story lines and characters, so if anyone needs any help with anything feel free to ask!

Anyway, thank you for having me! I can't wait to get reading, and to get some of my stuff on here!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Oddly_Heroic
Dark... Gothic... Lovecraft... all of these VERY good words for me!
Share what you know, Learn what you need.
Don't be afraid to paddle around and try the water. I'd avoid the BIG water-slide... it hasn't been the same since Jimmy the Gnoll disappeared last full moon.

Hello Rob :wavespin:

Maybe someday you'll share a bit more about that first story you wrote- I'd love to hear all about the piece that got you in trouble tehehehe. But for now, welcome!

Chances are, any writing question you have can be answered by this community. I've found it to be incredibly diverse and knowledgeable as well as accommodating for Fantasy newbs like myself.

Do you outline or take it as it comes to you?
If you struggle with writer's block and you haven't already tried it, you might find the snowflake method to be helpful.

I'd be happy to help if you ever need anything (unless its money in which case you're on your own dude!)
-Stephanie

I think I might know what book you're talking about (I've been writing since I was in fourth grade, too! Also a newbie, as well XD).

I recall two of the pictures in the book--one was a guy standing over a lump in his carpet, with a chair in his hands, raised above his head (I think the caption was something like "It had been two weeks, but now it was back again"), and the other one was a kid skipping a stone and the stone returning ("No matter how hard he threw it, it always came back"). The author was some dude who'd sent the book in to a publishing company, then vanished or something. Creepy book, creepy story.