• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

4allout anybody?

With Bethesda announcing Fallout 4 Last week and their talks at E3 i was wondering if anyone on here was interested in the series.

And Similar to the Skyrim thread that was going around a while ago share any, Do you have and characters and adventures you've loved from the waste-land?

Alcowski

Dreamer
Couldnt get into fallout 3 for some reason... i guess having a new go at it could be a good idea cause fallout 4 looks epic.

Lähetetty minun GT-S7710 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I've played all the games and liked the equally for different reasons. But between Fallout 3 and New Vegas- I like New Vegas just a little bit more.

Ophiucha

Auror
I prefer the Obsidian games to the Bethesda ones, but I'm sure FO4 will still be a lot of fun, so I'll probably get it at the first price cut (... or if my mum offers to buy me that Collector's Edition with the Pip Boy for Christmas, because I wouldn't say no).

I think I'll end up spending more time decorating my house and petting my dog than I will actually doing missions, though. I think they listened to the Skyrim community on that one, because there are a lot of mods when it first came out that were basically /just/ about giving you more ways to decorate - plus that Hearthfire DLC they eventually released. And dog houses for Dogmeat! That's just too cute. I also hope we can change the sex of our spouse when we play~.

I haven't played the Fallout games before but I LOVE Skyrim. I saw a gameplay video for Fallout 4 from E3 and it looks marvelous so I'm looking forward to playing it. The only criticism I have is that the landscapes look a bit bleak - I prefer the more colourful post-apocalypic worlds of Last of Us and Odyssey into the West.

I love the Fallout series, and 4 looks like being the best yet. I played New Vegas first, finished it, wanted more, and played Fallout 3. I love them both, I know many people prefer 3, but I can appreciate both. They have very different tones, I think 3 was about the collapse of civilisation, set in the capitol of America, with all the hardships and quirky madness of scraping by 200 years later. It was also darker and more sinister in places, as well as nostalgic. New Vegas on the other hand was more about trying to rise above that, with a small part of the city recreated in its pre-war vice and escapism. The whole Mojave desert is like a strange, off-beat recreation of what they imagine went before. You can tell I enjoyed it, can't you. I love it from the whole story-telling and world-building aspect of it, so being able to create any character and explore all that is like a writer's playground for me.

I haven't played the Fallout games before but I LOVE Skyrim. I saw a gameplay video for Fallout 4 from E3 and it looks marvelous so I'm looking forward to playing it. The only criticism I have is that the landscapes look a bit bleak - I prefer the more colourful post-apocalypic worlds of Last of Us and Odyssey into the West.

It's very much supposed to be bleak. The world is a warts-and-all vision of an un-romanticised post apocalyptia, about the destructive nature of civilisation, but still carries a wonderful sense of humour. Love your quote by the way, that's one of my favourite poems.