• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Camp NaNoWriMo July 2015

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Novel (actually Novella) created: 'Empire: Estate'

Hmmm...I'm also slated to be Flogged at about the same time I expect to complete the short story / novelette I have been working on. Perhaps I can take advantage of that window...if events in the real world don't overwhelm me.

Tom

Istar
When you log in, isn't a little box supposed to pop up that says "so-and-so invited you to join cabin"? I didn't get anything.

C

Chessie

Idk what to write. I'm having issues even writing anything to begin with. I better pick something soon though.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I resent an invite. Not sure what happened there, Tom, I might have missed re-inviting you since you created a work, thinking I'd already gotten you on the list. Got you back on the list.

Reactions: Tom

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
glad to have you back!

And everyone else, because most of you have done this with us before. As the date approaches, we'll come up with some fun stuff to do. I'll see whether Blue Lotus is joining us again and hopefully we'll have another exciting cabin.

Aspasia

Sage
I'M IN! I have a bunch of unfinished stories that need to get done somehow. Most of them are <5k so really, no excuse. I'm silicon on NaNo.

nlough

Troubadour
I posted on the facebook page as well but if there's still room I would like to join as well. My name over in NaNo land is nlough and best of luck to everyone this month.

nlough

Troubadour
I appreciated the invite, but I have turned it down on the count I am already in a cabin and have already started talking with my cabin mates.

Noma Galway

Archmage
I'm in the cabin :) I'm getting pumped up to write this work. I've been planning it for several months but I needed the push of a real deadline.

Mythopoet

Auror
I've joined another cabin that is very active, so I'm going to pass on the Scribes cabin this time. But I'll probably check in here from time to time. Good luck everyone!

Aspasia

Sage
Just realized this starts TOMORROW (*panics*) and I'm PST so good luck to everyone who starts before me! Write write write!

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
At this point...

...I have real world job concerns taking front and center at the moment. Won't take all my time, but does take priority. Should be largely settled in a week or ten days.

...I also have that dratted novelette to finish. Don't dare abandon it, got enough abandoned works already. I'm hoping to work on that 'after hours' with the job thing. Bright spot is I can still count this towards my overall word count - and I've done something similar the last two Nano's...

Which means I will be ten days to two weeks behind in starting 'Empire: Estate, which means I will still be plugging away on that piece come late August.

Speedy I am not.