• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi

Joanna

Scribe
Hi All,

I live in the UK (but I'm originally from Poland ^-^) and I recently decided to go back to a childhood dream I had of becoming a novel writer. :)

I've always loved reading fantasy and sci-fi stories (and watching movies too!) and I have a soft spot for dragons and vampires... Not very amused by what Twilight has done to the later though. ;) I used to write a bit when I was younger but as adult life took over I found myself several years later with not much writing and a very different reading list (mostly books on programming, design, psychology and evolution).

But as my work stabilized and I have more time available I've recently got together with a group of friends and started playing table-top RPGs again. This in turn accidentally provided me with a perfect excuse to write a novel - I got a bit overexcited about my characters's background story... ;)

So any ways, before I ramble on too much, I found the forum while looking for some constructive ideas about world naming and thought that it would be great to be able to hang out with like-minded people and have a group to share writing ideas with. :)

Welcome to the space!

There is a lot of talent lurking about here.
Check out the Showcase, the Challenge section as well as World Building. All very great places to procrastinate I might add.

Enjoy it here,
~BL~

Last edited:

Sparkie

Auror
I like your name, Joanna, and welcome to the forums. And don't worry about rambling on too much. That's what some of us do best!

Otherlands

Acolyte
Hi Joanna and welcome.
I lived my life in Reading up to five years ago when I moved to Manchester. This is a great forum, full of ideas, help and nice people! :)

Joanna

Scribe
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I've already been lurking around some of the very interesting threads in here.

@Otherlands I've lived in several towns in the UK including Swindon & Slough ;) but Reading is my favourite so far.

Reaver

Staff
Welcome Joanna! I look forward to seeing your contributions to this very cool, extremely helpful site.