• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How did you discover Mythic Scribes?

Kazzan

Dreamer
Googled for worldbuilding forums, as r/worldbuilding was not enough for me at the time. Now I'm more interested in the writing side of things.

I found the site via Twitter. I believe Mythic Scribes was one of those "suggested follows" links on Twitter. So I followed. Then I saw all the interesting articles popping up in my timeline.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I googled some question related to fantasy cartography two years back and was directed here. Only in september have i made an account though.

Ojara

Dreamer
1.) Googled writing community, was the 3-4th option.
2.) Joined a more generic writing community, and someone actually said, if I'm doing fantasy, join you guys, so here I am.

Everyone ganged up on me on Absolute Write because they thought my medieval-tech desert elf dictatorship was a thinly-veiled criticism of Marxism or some crap and like this one political-sounding writer I've never heard of. I made the mistake of specifically comparing the society to Commies. So I said screw them, probably got banned for my response, and DuckDuckGoed for a new writing forum. Ain't been ganged up on or kicked off yet. :p

Ben

Troubadour
I think some one I follow on Twitter had a link to an article about writing descriptions?
Once I saw the name of the site I knew I had to stick around and check it out.

adalenia

Dreamer
I was trying to find a place to discuss worldbuilding and what-not, and it was either this or reddit.

And I hate reddit.

But since I am mostly an artist, I'm not quite sure if this is the *best* place for me, personally.

I'll just have to wait and see!

Last edited: