• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Covers by Addison Lane -- the writer, not my character

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Every so often, I check to make sure I'm not accidentally ripping someone off. I don't know how I managed to miss this, but there is a writer named Addison Lane who wrote the Fairypocalypse trilogy! Her covers are awesome, which one should expect from a woman whose name means "awesome."

Source: addisonlane.net

Maybe I'm biased because of the name, but these covers really did jump out at me, and… count the colors. THREE! Black, white, and something. Addison Lane hired a graphic designer named Lee Milverton to create the covers, but she drew the skeletons herself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurence

Inkling
These are pretty tasty! The main thing that disturbs me about cover designs on here is the use of too many colours and textures. The red one of these looks great thanks to the breathing space around the horse. The green one is starting to get a little crowded even with only 3 colours!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
That's interesting that you like the red one the best. It turns out I had them in reverse order, and red's the first of the trilogy. I didn't know at the time I posted. Yesterday, I read the first few pages (the "Look Inside" option on Amazon) but haven't bought any of the novels (yet). Too much going on in life to commit to a new novel, though I did like the bit I read and I'm a bit intrigued that my MC happens to share a name with a fantasy author.