• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

*Opens Door*

CharlestheBaer

Hey there mythic scribes community!

I am Charles and I found this site from my infrequent twitter usage. I just popped on here to introduce myself, greet the community, and poke around for a bit. Who knows what tomorrow will bring...

I have been a lifelong fan of fantasy. I was reading (and re-reading) the Hobbit when I was in elementary school in the early 80s and have a small collection of Hobbit memorabilia (including an animated version of the Hobbit on now-nonexistent Beta format) before the world re-discovered Tolkien about 15 years ago with the LOTR movies. There have been a lot of great fantasy writers I have appreciated over the years, but my favorite is the late, great Robert Jordan. If I could achieve a tenth of the success of Jordan as a writer, I would die a happy man.

Yes, that means I am also an author. Yet another fantasy-filled mind eager to clog the internet, bookstores and libraries with fanciful imaginings in too many words, pitching my tent next to the growing community of similar dreamers with goals of breaking into writing heaven. I have been writing for roughly twenty years now and only recently (the past few years) did I decide to take it seriously and pursue putting something out there.

My dream was realized this week as I put my first ebook on Amazon, Journey from the Light, the first book in an urban fantasy series slated for nine books (books 2 and 3 are already in final draft stages). I have also been developing an epic high fantasy ten book series for a number of years now that I hope I will be able to get to - reality is, we all have responsibilities to take care of, and mine includes three children and a wife that requires I generate adequate income for. Ideally, getting paid to write is the goal of many writers, myself included.

So here I am, branching out, seeking new avenues of expression and connecting with other readers/writers (a kind of iron-sharpening-iron type of thing). Hopefully we can all learn, grow, and benefit from our experiences here. I do have a 'blog', albeit a not-very-active one (authorcharlestbaer.com) and I am on twitter @CharlestheBaer if anyone would like to connect in other ways. I look forward to checking out fellow scribes here and seeing what gems are lurking in the forums.

*Smiles...sees the free catered food...wanders over to pick up a plate*

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met CharlestheBaer
Good to have you here.
Congratulations on getting a book [or anything] out there!
Share, Learn, Enjoy...
Yeah... about the buffet.... the Cheese Puffs aren't cheese or puffs...

Russ

Istar
Welcome aboard. I know how hard it can be to be prolific with responsibilities, but I also know it can be done.

I think you will find a lot of great stuff here, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts as well.

Discussions on the business of writing are not the core of this place, but you will find some good ones and if you don't see something that covers what you want, start a thread asking. I am continually pleased with the generosity with which members of this site share their wit and wisdom.

Welcome Charles! Always great to meet a fellow writer/author. It's a wonderful feeling to have a book (or ebook) published. Enjoy your stay!

TWErvin2

Auror
Hey Charles,

Welcome to Mythic Scribes! Looking forward to crossing paths with you here on the forum.

Terry