• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

teacup

Auror
Currently playing Final Fantasy 10.

It feels just like the final fantasy I remember, so I'm very happy. (I played 13 and it just didn't feel like final fantasy to me :c )
I'd prefer if it wasn't voice acting and was just dialogue boxes, but change happens, and it's not bad. This is just a complaint because of my nostalgia. (Another stupid complaint - I like being able to change all my characters' names but you can't on this one. It's a stupid complaint because I never change the names anyway. I just like being able to hahaha.)
I do not like Tidus at all lol. He's just very annoying, especially with the voice.

But I love the game so far. (Just finished the 1st Blitzball game.) I love having a solely black mage like in 9 (I know you can have other characters with the same abilities later on, but I just love the feel of having a pure black mage - no doubt because I love Vivi in 9 so much.)
One thing I am very happy about is being able to use all characters in battle, being able to switch out midbattle rather than deciding on only 3 to use at a time (I loved being able to use 4 people in FF9, but having them all is much better.)

My biggest problem with this game is that I keep staying up til 4am playing it, which is not good :|

With absolutely no spoilers at all please - how good is Final Fantasy X-2 compared to X? Is it worth playing?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
At the moment I'm mainly playing Heroes of the Storm. It doesn't really have a story worth the name, but it's good fun and it mixes up characters from a few different game settings, which is kind of fun. My main characters, are Johanna, Sgt. Hammer, Sylvanas and Li Li. Also trying to level up Jaina and Sonya, and looking forward to trying out the Monk when he's released.

Mindfire

Istar
Recently finished Dragon Age: Inquisition (for the first time, anyway). Now I'm playing Batman: Arkham Knight, and I'm deep in the endgame. It's intense.

SM-Dreamer

Troubadour
After watching Bethesda’s unveiling of Fallout 4, I mentioned to a friend how cool it looked, but that I hadn’t played any of the Fallout games. That friend bought me Fallout: New Vegas, and I have been fully enraptured by it. Im having a lot of fun with the whole apocalyptic cowboy thing. Right now I’m playing through just to experience it, and the game might just be devouring my soul.

But that’s OK as long as I can keep roaming the wastelands with my guns.

Kazzan

Dreamer
I finished Witcher 3 a while back and must say that it's a really good game and I enjoyed it immensely. I was a bit let down at the GTA/RDR style map exploration. With how the game gives you a bunch of question marks to explore.

I'm probably going to attempt to finish Risen 2 now that I'm done with the witcher. I still play M&B Warband quite frequently, mostly multiplayer these days though.

C

Chessie

After watching Bethesda’s unveiling of Fallout 4, I mentioned to a friend how cool it looked, but that I hadn’t played any of the Fallout games. That friend bought me Fallout: New Vegas, and I have been fully enraptured by it. Im having a lot of fun with the whole apocalyptic cowboy thing. Right now I’m playing through just to experience it, and the game might just be devouring my soul.

That's because FNV rocks and has some solid DLCs. Fallout 3 is also pretty amazing.

I have also been playing New Vegas and trying to finish the main quest line before making it to Sierra Madre. No other game is important enough for me to pay attention to right now. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Philster401

Maester
I just started playing on the online mmorpg Runes of magic. An one here playing any mmorpg.
Or even Runes of magic itself?

Been mostly playing Crusader Kings 2 recently. Although not a fantasy game and more of a historical thing, I find it oddly helping me out in getting creative when it comes down to the timelines and lives of past rulers in my own fantasy world.

teacup

Auror

That's because FNV rocks and has some solid DLCs. Fallout 3 is also pretty amazing.

I have also been playing New Vegas and trying to finish the main quest line before making it to Sierra Madre. No other game is important enough for me to pay attention to right now. :D

I'm also playing FNV :p
I played it years ago but never finished it because my quest line glitched out, so I had to switch to doing quests for someone else. I kind of just stopped playing after that. The other day I was about to continue but it had been so long I just started a new game so I can play it fully.

Also I've been trying to connect to my friend on Dark Souls so we can play together but no matter what I can't see his summon sign :c (we've met all the ingame criteria for it, too.)

Last edited:

Ophiucha

Auror
Been mostly playing Crusader Kings 2 recently. Although not a fantasy game and more of a historical thing, I find it oddly helping me out in getting creative when it comes down to the timelines and lives of past rulers in my own fantasy world.

I love Crusader Kings II! The studio that made it are making a game in the same style set in outer space that's meant to come out in February, so I'm pretty excited for that.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Playing ESO from time to time. Also decided to get Diablo III just to see if it was any good.

Mindfire

Istar
So over the past few months I finished Dragon Age: Inquisition, Batman: Arkham Knight, and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, along with their respective DLCs. All awesome games. Arkham Knight is a strong end to the trilogy and even hit me in the feels a couple times. Loved the addition of the Batmobile. Shadow of Mordor takes lots of liberties with Tolkien's lore, but considering it's set in the continuity of the film adaptations rather than the books, I'd say it fits decently well in between Jackson's trilogies. If you're a Tolkien purist the game will probably give you a headache, but if you're willing to forgive their deviations from the canon it's a good story with fun gameplay. Inquisition is the best Dragon Age game to date, hands down. And the DLCs only made it better. Bioware's tradition of strong stories, characters, and solid gameplay continues, but I'm really impressed with the lore of the Dragon Age series. The best example I can think of when it comes to putting novel-quality lore into a video game. Elder Scrolls may be the reigning champ when it comes to sheer quantity of lore in a fantasy video game universe (excluding MMOs), but in my opinion Dragon Age blows it out of the water for quality and richness, thanks in no small part to the games' storytelling.

Right now I'm about halfway through Infamous: Second Son and loving it, even more than I expected. Although coming off of the hard hitting takedowns of Arkham Knight, another open-world superhero game, Infamous does feel a bit... "light" for lack of a better word. The powers are flashy, but not very visceral. Giving combat a more consistent rhythm could have helped that I think. Still, lots of fun to play. Super-speeding around Seattle busting drug dealers never gets old.

MineOwnKing

Maester
I've spent a few hours playing Fallout 4. It's still new, but so far, I think that I prefer New Vegas. We'll see.

Interesting,

I didn't care for New Vegas.

I started out with Fallout 3 and then played New Vegas.

I found New Vegas lacking. I spent so much time just wandering around with nothing to do that I finally gave up on it.

I am willing to try Fallout 4.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
My wife and I pre-ordered Fallout3, being big fans of earlier installments. Then she had the nerve to go out of state to take her aging father to see a childhood friend. So there Fallout 4 sits on our PS4. No sooner does she return than I have to go out of state to tend to my own aging mother. And then my own kids come in for Thanksgiving!

But December is looking pretty good!

One of my fave game is Minecraft because it is a kind of game wherein I could build things that I can imagine by just placing the blocks. It is an adventure for me! I do like the graphics also.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Probably going to replay the first mass effect or dragon age. For some i like the first installments best. The first games just feel so quaint.

Oh and i am replaying hitman blood money on pro difficulty so that should be a nice challenge.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-E610v met Tapatalk

X Equestris

Maester
Got Season 2 of Telltale's The Walking Dead for free through Playstation Plus. A wonderful narrative experience. And the ending...I almost cried, and that doesn't happen very often.