• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Inkitt: legit publisher?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
So I was recently referred to Inkitt's writing contest Hidden Gems as a possible place to enter a novel for the chance to be published. The site claims: "The winning author gets an offer from Inkitt to help them get a publishing deal. Inkitt will act as your agent and offer a contract. Terms will be negotiated based on the author's individual needs." There are also other contests which don't have publishing as a prize.

Any clue if this is legit?

Russ

Istar
So I was recently referred to Inkitt's writing contest Hidden Gems as a possible place to enter a novel for the chance to be published. The site claims: "The winning author gets an offer from Inkitt to help them get a publishing deal. Inkitt will act as your agent and offer a contract. Terms will be negotiated based on the author's individual needs." There are also other contests which don't have publishing as a prize.

Any clue if this is legit?

I have no knowledge of this company or this contest.

However I don't understand how they can both act as your agent AND offer you a contract. Perhaps it is just unclear writing. :)

FarmerBrown

Troubadour
I've also been invited, and also hesitant. I might try one of their short story contests, but no way am I submitting a novel until I know what I'm getting into!