• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Completely not metal at all here - it's my new mix-set:
https://www.mixcloud.com/svrtnsse/escape-from-mundanity/

This is an hour of mostly energetic, melodic psytrance. I picked out tracks that I hoped would tickle the imagination and inspire some soaring epic daydreaming.
I'm guessing most people here aren't all that into electronic dance music at all, but if you are, give it a chance - you might enjoy it. :)

Diary of Dreams is a great Darkwave band.

The movie footage this person matched the song to has absolutely no relevance. Nothing to do with the song.

Last edited by a moderator:

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership

Totally obsessed with this version of "The Sound of Silence" right now. It's not Disturbed's usual style.

I saw Amon Amarth at Mayhem and got the entire bands autograph >:D

I'm sitting in my backyard in front of my firepit. I don't think my neighbors like my taste of music

Jophelerx

Dreamer
Great to see some metal love here! I'm a connoisseur of lots of different sorts of metal, often very obscure, but I figure I'll leave this here, one of my favorite songs and based off of Donaldson's Lord Foul's Bane:

(And yes of course Blood Fire Death is a classic.)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Album starts with Fury Whip, so you know it's going to be good.

Russ

Istar
Just been discovering the amazing music of Howling Wolf:

Jophelerx

Dreamer
Here's another song, more in a doom metal song since Steerpike posted High on Fire, an Arthurian-inspired tune by The Gates of Slumber:

Edit: Should I use as spoiler since the album cover is NSFW? Or a mod is welcome to do so if that's how it works around here.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I like The Gates of Slumber. Might be time to break out some Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Paramaecium, Pentagram, etc. :D

Jophelerx

Dreamer
Oh yes! I love me some traditional doom. Definitely dig Candlemass, I need to give Saint Vitus another listen at some point. Perhaps you can point me to one of their better and/or more accessible songs? :D I also dig Solitude Aeturnus who sound quite a bit like Candlemass, and I know several bands that sounds similar to The Gates of Slumber's Conqueror era. Looks like I'm right at home here! :)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I don't know that Saint Vitus has anything accessible. I like the Wino years. This is probably my favorite of theirs. It's not for everyone :)

Jophelerx

Dreamer
Hm, yeah, definitely inaccessible, but certainly not bad. Pretty similar to 70s Sabbath, and that guitar solo is pretty rad. I'd say it has the potential to be a grower band for me. I'll see your Saint Vitus and raise you Briton Rites, a more recent band that still dooms like it's 1983.

(This song is one of two released for their upcoming album, but they do have a full-length that's already been out a few years as well.)

Edit: Had the wrong link at first

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Not doom, but the shirt comment made me think of "I've seen your world and I got the shirt."

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Hm, yeah, definitely inaccessible, but certainly not bad. Pretty similar to 70s Sabbath, and that guitar solo is pretty rad. I'd say it has the potential to be a grower band for me. I'll see your Saint Vitus and raise you Briton Rites, a more recent band that still dooms like it's 1983.

Never heard of them, but they're now on my list. That's a great song.

The mighty Polish death metal band Vader doing a song and music video for The Witcher video game.