• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2015 Thread

Tom

Istar
Still haven't done anything. I turned in both of my term papers Tuesday, but now I have another project to do for English. And I've been sucked into Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'm trying to get some writing done today.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Real rough time getting motivated tonight. 1400 words, kind of difficult because of the plot issue. But a solution of sorts came to me as I typed. 41800 words total.

Zadocfish

Troubadour
A little over 2000 today... meaning tomorrow I should hit 25,000. With that, I'll be on track to finish by December 13, one month after I started. I'll write a novel in a month, even if it's not the month I needed to!

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Hmmm...consolidated the various files today. I go with a 'one chapter, one file' approach, plus a file for an outline, and one for 'work' - bits that don't work where I have them, but could be salvaged. I have been doing a lot of jumping around between all these files, adding little bits here and there, but keeping only a rough tally of the word count. Hence my daily totals were approximations.

Seems I sold myself short. After consolidating the relevant files, and after a prodigious effort today, the current grand total is 46,250 words - about a thousand more than what I'd figured. Alas, I still won't make the 50k by tomorrow, but I'll be close.

I do wonder, though...I use MS Word for my counts. I seem to recollect a mention or two those tallies don't agree with others.

Butterfly

Auror
It seems I am around 9 1/2 thousand words short of the target this year. But I did have a couple of super-tough chapters to write and sort out and they slowed me down immensely. At least they are done now and that was my main aim for the month. So my target for December is now to write another 59,500 words.

Anyone else planning for a second round (obviously without the official nano stuff)?

Nimue

Auror
Well. I've made my original 10k goal, though not much more than that. My draft is sitting at 37,669 words total. I don't feel like I did very well this month--productivity definitely slacked off, and this past week was basically a black hole in terms of writing. I knew Thanksgiving would be hard what with the traveling and the family, but come on...

On the other hand, it was something. Better to write for 2/3 of the month than not write at all, I suppose.

My goal for December is the same--another 10k. I'd better go try and muster up a little more love for this story, because right now all I can wonder is how something I've worked on for so long can be so badly plotted...? Ah, well. I'm just aiming to finish it at this point.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
So close, and yet so far. 48,475 words according to the NaNo validator - about 60 words more than my own count. 1525 words shy of a win. One days session.

But, I'm beat, and real world issues intrude. (Furnace, this time. That'll probably occupy me tomorrow. Usually, its vehicle/work stuff.)

Middle of Chapter 24 at the moment. I expect to have the core rough draft done by the weekend, though I will probably add a few more short POV chapters later. The existing POV's leave gaps in the narrative, like how a major battle progresses, and what happened after the POV characters all leave the city where the action was.

teacup

Auror
I did not win Nano. My month of writing was strange. It was less "write for a month" and more "steadily write for a week then write 14k in 1 day then die for the rest of the month" lol.
nano%20graph_zpsomcw3mps.png

The first flat part was due to being too tired due to medical stuff. I managed to get some more writing in after that got a bit better, and the flatness after that was due to time, less motivation, and just having the desire to do something else and the "I'll just write more tomorrow" disease.
Though I didn't this month, without the medical stuff affecting me I think I can do 50k in a month. I got 14k in a day, so why not :p Hopefully that wasn't a one off and I manage to do that multiple times, that'd be great :D

Whether you got 50k or not, well done on getting writing done everyone :D

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
My original goal for November was 100,000 words. I hit a bloc about two and a half weeks in which left me at 61,388. I do plan on finishing up in December though!