• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello writers!

Almost 2012, who's shaking? ;)

I have completed my first book, please take a look at www.legendofalm.com

It's taken a long time (over five years), but I've managed to almost finish a second, and have plans for a third, in what will be a trilogy by the time I'm finished.

I must say I feel a little out of place in the fantasy community, what with a distaste for stories involving magic. Magic beyond the bounds of out understanding of physics and science, that is. There's plenty of real-world magic, if you ask me!

Now, that definitely doesn't mean I don't like other people's magic- I can't wait to see what you all are working on!

Again, hello. It's good to be here.

Welcome to the site. I haven't picked up the book yet, but by gum, that cover sure is ugly. Not enough contrast between the text and the border, but as you've got it published, that's better than me. :)

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

Graham Irwin said:
that's not very nice, what's the point of your comment?

Your book cover is ugly as sin, that's bad. You finished a book, that's good. You are on this site, that's good too. I don't know how well you write yet, but I hope you have a thick skin and a sense of humor. You're going to need it. :)

fleamailman

Closed Account
that's not very nice, what's the point of your comment?

("...no, I suspect it was a personal opinion, and as such should be accepted and allowed for then..." replied the goblin, adding "...anyway, always best to accept feedback as just that then, than having others hide their observations from you for fear of your reproachedment...", in fact, the goblin loved meeting writertypes on forums, and especially those wiser ones who had come to see forumland, not just a means to simply entice readers back to their books, which fails without some online presence to go with it, but actually as part and parcel of the author overall persona, whereupon the goblin laughed "...funny isn't it, one spends years writing books to a medium that is in evident decline, while all along and all around you now, another writer's medium is growing unnoticed waiting for its first livewriters upon it, so tell me human, how do you see your posts where everyone sees far more of one's posts than of one's books, why, simply because of two reasons here, one, that the reader these days has little time to read at length, and two, the reader wants to reply directly to what is offered him, like perhaps how you want would like to reply to me now...", and with that the goblin called for the forum gate to be flung open and beckoned Graham hither, saying "...you'll stay for tea won't you, I would like that very much...")

Last edited:

Shpob

Dreamer
Grats on being published; that's further than most of us have gotten. :)
I agree that wasn't exactly the best way to be introduced to the forums. I'll try to make up for it by yelling in bold:
Welcome to the Forums!

Graham Irwin said:
Thanks all, I was inspired to design a new cover. The old one stunk, for sure. And I'm only self-published, big deal!

Check out the new cover if you wish.

www.legendofalm.com

Much better, just one minor suggestion, the title goes outside the frame, and that effect is distracting and makes it hard to read. Maybe move it outside the frame, or place it on multiple lines inside the frame.

I just found out that my cover for Rosy looks terrible on a Kindle screen. Too busy and too many colours, so you're not alone in making bad covers :)