• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
At the moment I'm mostly playing Mini Metro. It's a little puzzle game where you draw up the layout for public transportation (by train) in a big city.
It's quite minimalistic, easy to get into and very addictive. :)

teacup

Auror
UNDERTALE
I just finished my 3rd play through and wow this game was good. There's 3 main different ways to play to get 3 different endings, but depending on your actions throughout you can get different variations of the endings, so that's why I played it 3 times.
You can download the demo for free from their website if you're not sure about buying it, but it's super cheap anyway and even cheaper now I think because of steam sales.
I absolutely love this game.

Now I'll either continue Fallout 4 or play Crash Bandicoot 2.

MineOwnKing

Maester
Installing the new games onto XBOX One is impossible with my internet connection.

The wife is going to install Fallout 4 at work.

Apparently it took 3 hours for her to install Halo 5 with high speed internet.

So that equates to something like 3 weeks for my home service.

Absurd.

Double absurd that I have a brand new device and a brand new game that cannot be used without updates and internet.

Never had these issues with my Atari.

Tom

Istar
I'm addicted to the Star Wars: The Clone Wars game I got for Christmas. Sure, the animation isn't the best and the gameplay is choppy in certain parts, but damn, it's a fun game. Lots of jumping, swinging, and Jedi tricks.

Also steadily making my way through DA:I, though I've sidetracked myself by creating several new Inquisitors--a female human warrior, a male Qunari rogue, and a female elf mage. They're all fun to play, but I think I'll stick to my elf rogue. :)

MineOwnKing

Maester
Halo 5 actually got better at the end.

I can't believe they ended it with a cliffhanger. What if Halo 6 never makes it to market?

Finally started Fallout 4.

It's pretty good, lot's of familiar stuff.

I'm answering all questions as a Mary Sue do-gooder. Seems to be helping me rise pretty fast through the levels.

Does anybody else have trouble with the Xbox One controller going out of sync with the console?

It's happening quite frequently.

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Fallout 4 is fun at first but it gets repetitive quickly. My advice: play on a harder difficulty and try not to use the power armor as much - it makes the game too easy. It also shed a LOT of its RPG elements from Fallout 3, and the story is really brief. That being said, the settlement builder has taken up the majority of my time and I have turned it into The Sims: Nuclear Wasteland Edition.

Halo 5 had an awkward story. I agree about Locke not being convincing what so ever. I wanted way more out of the civil war on the Arbiter's home planet, but I'll settle for what it was. I'm still lost on where this story is going. The original three were so great at wrapping you in. The ones after three are pretty... Meh.

Brithel

Dreamer
I've just started FFIX, literaly only the first 20 minutes or so up until the first moogle save point as the Black Mage. I haven't had the time to play it what with christmas and my birthday, but now they're over I should be able to carry on.

I have previously tried to get into Final Fantasy with VII as it was the most popular, but it was a bit dull so I dropped it after the first few hours. Maybe it gets better but it didn't grab me. IX seems far more charming thus far so I'm confident i'll have a better time with it.

teacup

Auror
I've just started FFIX, literaly only the first 20 minutes or so up until the first moogle save point as the Black Mage. I haven't had the time to play it what with christmas and my birthday, but now they're over I should be able to carry on.

I have previously tried to get into Final Fantasy with VII as it was the most popular, but it was a bit dull so I dropped it after the first few hours. Maybe it gets better but it didn't grab me. IX seems far more charming thus far so I'm confident i'll have a better time with it.

FFIX is my favourite game EVER! I hope you like it :D

Tom

Istar
I'm answering all questions as a Mary Sue do-gooder. Seems to be helping me rise pretty fast through the levels.

Lol, you and I are exact opposites. I'm that person who is stubborn and suspicious and deliberately chooses responses the character I'm interacting with disapproves of. It makes for much more interesting gameplay.

C

Chessie

Finally started Fallout 4.

It's pretty good, lot's of familiar stuff.

I started out being as bad as could be in that game. After a few tough conversations with my followers, my behavior has toned down some.

Started playing Skyrim again. It just feels like home. :)

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I went through my steam wish list and bought all of the games that cost less than three euro. Mostly puzzle games and platformers - some good, some less so.

At the moment the one that sticks out the most is LISA (LISA: THE PAINFUL RPG). It's a sidescrolling rpg set in some kind miserable post-apocalyptic future. I'm not sure what there is to like about it, but it somehow struck a note with me and I'll be giving it some more time to try and figure it out.

MineOwnKing

Maester
Fallout 4 with spoilers.

Yeah,

So, even though I've been over much of the map, I'm still at a pretty low level (13).

I defeated that mirelurk queen. Hit her with a nuke and it didn't even phase her.

I've tried everything I could to kill Sergeant Gutsy or whatever that robot's name is. None of my weapons will put a dent in him.

I hope there is some treasure in there because I've wasted a lot of resources.

In general the treasure is really not worth the adventures. I dived into the estuary and fixed the 3 leaky pipes. All I got was a lousy 50 bottle caps.

I have no way to repair my armor suit. Does it require a higher level? I can repair my leather garments but not the power suit.

There are so many buildings that are just empty. Fallout 3 was much better in both prizes and adventures.

I'm just not feeling Fallout 4. Without rewards it seems boring.

I'm trying to follow the freedom trail clues but I guess I'm not good at finding clues.

I did walk into the middle of Swan's Pond!!

Holy crap!

MineOwnKing

Maester
I finally figured out how to repair my power armor.

Now I won't need 10 stimpacks for every adventure.

I'm starting to get better at building the villages.

Fast travel is awesome!

I played the entire Fallout3 without knowing I could fast track to a location on the map.

It took me forever!

After playing Alien Isolation twice in a row and the DLCs I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition and loving it. I tried playing a bit of Fallout 4 but struggled to get into it.

The next game I'm looking forward to is Tomb Raider once it comes out on PS4. I loved the previous version on the island with the Solarii. Anyone played the new Tomb Raider yet? I've read great reviews.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Logged onto The Secret World. Trying to kill the boss in chapter 17 of the Dawn of an Endless Night quest. Tried five times already, and I can't kill the fool. It's a solo dungeon, so I can't bring anyone in to help me. May need to get better gear and more skill points, though the game says I'm at the right skill level now.

tbgg

Sage
I'm a fan of the online game Dragon's Realm, myself. There've been a few bullies around as of late who have made playing a bit less fun, but I keep thinking that if I get to my second novel, I should incorporate them (with identities and appearances changed) in the action somewhere. Nothin' like a little art imitating life!

X Equestris

Maester
Currently playing Fallout 4, with a smidge of Witcher 3 and Star Wars: Battlefront on the side.

Probably going to end up beating the game with the Railroad. The cloak and dagger stuff is fun, though things are a little weird since I'm pretty much a quadruple agent at this point. I really like the Minutemen, but Preston giving me a new sidequest every other time I walk past him is getting old.

teacup

Auror
I really like the Minutemen, but Preston giving me a new sidequest every other time I walk past him is getting old.

ktsBLxA.jpg

I'm with the BOS but I really love Deacon so I'm tempted to go with the Railroad instead. Hard choices :c