• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Jade Empire is the Best

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Not really a discussion here, but I just wanted to inform people that the game Jade Empire is a wonderful story, which I don't even want to spoil in the slightest. It is free on Origin and I think all of you story loving gamers will love it.

Sparkie

Auror
I played this some years ago when it became available on Xbox 360. Awesome wuxia world, cool story, and definitely worth checking out.

To be fair, the gameplay left me wanting more, and not in a good way. It seemed to me that Bioware was trying really hard to successfully mix a fighter with RPG and better story elements. In fact, they almost pulled it off. Almost. Still, the game isn't broken. It's one of those 'changeup' games we gamers (should) try play when the gaming scene starts to seem stale. I'd give it an 8 out of 10, and a must-play if available free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ban
I agree, as it inspired me to get more into Fantasy writing. The characters, how they play off one another and their backstories really sold it for me.

Reactions: Ban

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Just as a head's up, Jade Empire Special Edition is free on Origin right now. Not sure how much longer it will be available.