• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi =]

karriezai

Scribe
Hello there. My real name's Jessica, but I write as Karrie Zai. Or at least I will. Once I have something complete that's worth publishing. :] You might also see me flitting around the internet as kherezae, my long-time internet handle, from which Karrie Zai was derived.

I'm a 23-year-old middle school math teacher. I used to write adult fantasy, but lately I write mainly YA. I'm fourteen chapters into my YA fantasy novel, Homesake. I have a horrible habit of writing most of a novel, becoming dissatisfied with it, and then scrapping it to rewrite. That's not happening this time. I'm going to finish Homesake, polish it up, and submit it to agents.

I write mainly first person present tense. Weirdly enough, I started writing first-person-present before I ever read a book that used the style, but The Hunger Games books and others written in first-present are certainly near the top of my list of favorite books.

My favorite author is Brandon Sanderson by a landslide. He's my role model as an author. Not that I necessarily want to write like him, though I do think he has tremendous talent. But I want to have his work ethic, and if I ever have fans I want to treat them the same way he treats his.

Since I've babbled on quite long enough, I'll stop there! Nice to meet you.

Xanados

Maester
Welcome. I've never read a Sanderson novel, but I have watched his inspiring lectures on fantasy writing many times.
I hope you enjoy your stay.

Sparkie

Auror
It's good that you have so much resolve to finish your novel. I hope the best for you in your efforts. Welcome!