• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I made another time lapse movie. This one shows the sunset from just outside my kitchen window:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Istar
Hey everyone! Yeah, I'm back. I hit a rough patch in life early in January and took a break from MS. Now that it's nearing midterms, I'm back!

I suppose now would be a good time to get this out of the way...So I have several mental health problems, some of which I've known about for years, and others which have just surfaced recently. Aside from ADD, I have an undiagnosed mood disorder that may or may not stem from my extensive family history of depression and bipolar disorder. I fell into a depression this winter and for a while I didn't see a way out. Eventually I was able to drag myself back up, and now my mental heath is finally starting to stabilize. Sorry I left everyone hanging for a while (especially in regards to the Ysgard RP and/or the diversity group). I had to take a step back from everything in my life that was a non-essential to deal with what was happening with my mental and emotional wellbeing. It wasn't fair of me to drop everything with no notice, and I feel bad for that.

Don't worry. I'm back, and I'm not going anywhere.

Nimue

Auror
Oh my gosh, Tom! I'm so sorry that you went through a rough patch, but it's good to know that you're feeling better, and awesome to hear from you again! Absolutely do not apologize for taking the time to look after yourself. Mental health isn't fair, that's for sure, and you've got to be easy on yourself.

Truth be told, I've been neglecting Ysgard myself for the past month, for no such good reason at all, besides trying to scramble after some novel-writing, because I'm completely incapable of doing more than one thing at once (or one thing well, or anything at all...) But welcome back, and I hope you find all the creative juices flowing again. And I hope midterms treat you well! Blinking stressful exams.

Reactions: Tom

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
I'm glad to hear you're in a better place. Depression and bi-polar disorder can be difficult to deal with. I don't know personally, but I have several family members who've dealt with clinical depression and bi-polar disorder, so I empathize.

Welcome back.

Tom

Istar
Thanks, you guys! I'm glad to be back. I didn't have the energy to contribute, but I really missed this community the last few weeks. I'm looking forward to getting back in the loop!

Philster401

Maester
Welcome back! I had wobdered where you had been! And there is no reason to feel bad about not posting. Real life comes before the internet.

kennyc

Inkling
Hey everyone! Yeah, I'm back. I hit a rough patch in life early in January and took a break from MS. Now that it's nearing midterms, I'm back!

I suppose now would be a good time to get this out of the way...So I have several mental health problems, some of which I've known about for years, and others which have just surfaced recently. Aside from ADD, I have an undiagnosed mood disorder that may or may not stem from my extensive family history of depression and bipolar disorder. I fell into a depression this winter and for a while I didn't see a way out. Eventually I was able to drag myself back up, and now my mental heath is finally starting to stabilize. Sorry I left everyone hanging for a while (especially in regards to the Ysgard RP and/or the diversity group). I had to take a step back from everything in my life that was a non-essential to deal with what was happening with my mental and emotional wellbeing. It wasn't fair of me to drop everything with no notice, and I feel bad for that.

Good luck! I understand completely having various levels of bipolar in my family.

Velka

Sage
Hey Tom, glad you're back. Taking time to take care of yourself can be a hard thing to do. Looking forward to seeing you around and good luck with your midterms!

X Equestris

Maester
Has anyone else seen this yet? This has to be the most advanced bipedal robot I've ever seen.

[video=youtube_share;rVlhMGQgDkY]http://youtu.be/rVlhMGQgDkY[/video]

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Video removed by moderator.

Not trying to start a political debate, just had to share this, because it is just extremely well done.

Also X equestris, that robot is very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Nope, nope, nope. People can get their own funny Youtube feeds. No politics. No politicians. No trumped up promises here.

Aaahh, but it's funny though. The toupéd orangutan just wants to build a wall.

(But fine, I won't bring the Trumpster up again)

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
<removed by svrt>

On a different note: Once the baby finally sleeps, babysitting is pretty nice.

EDIT: Let's not argue moderation. I'm sure we can get this thread off track in a more pleasant ways - which is kind of the purpose.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Wasn't trying to start an argument. I said that I wouldn't bring it up again.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Once the baby finally sleeps, babysitting is pretty nice.

I don't have a baby of my own, or even a baby sibling anymore (the youngest just turned 5), but I can definitely attest to that being true. Especially after a long day of the kids misbehaving.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Sorry, didn't mean to come off as rude. I posted a longer comment initially and then removed that, as it probably would have started some kind of argument.

Now, what's your experience with babysitting? :)

Velka

Sage
T3s are awesome because I don't feel pain when I really should be feeling pain. The only problem is now I'm thinking far too much about how the brain works and how things like pain are just electrical signals sent to the brain and it's making me wonder if pain is really real or if it's all a figment of our evolutionary imagination to stop us from doing stupid things.

P.S. Be sure to brush and floss every day because getting a molar pulled in your 30s doesn't really hurt at the time because you're all frozen and drooling, but once the freezing wears off it really really really really hurts.

Tom

Istar
This has been an interesting week so far. One history exam, one astronomy exam, hit a deer and lost a fog lamp, discovered my earbuds were broken, found the fog lamp on the side of the road, bought new earbuds, and now I'm going to see Deadpool with friends tonight.

I think my favorite earbud style might be cursed. I lost the first pair, broke the second, and now I'm on my third...