• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello!

Lepton

Dreamer
I'm quite excited to finally join a writing forum and have the ability to contact other authors. I've been writing seriously for around two years, before then I enjoyed writing short stories that really meant nothing, they were more for practice. I'm now writing novels, although I'm yet to get any published.

I enjoy writing fantasy and horror, usually a mix of the two into one. Occasionally I'll do something futuristic, but most of my ideas turn into a more fantasy based plot. :)

Sure it's not much about myself, but I thought I'd give a small 'background' of what I enjoy writing and such. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Giant

Minstrel
Welcome to the Scribes! I have not been a member long, but I think you will find everyone here very helpful. I look forward to reading your work.

Welcome! I have one work in progress that is a science fiction/fantasy hybrid. I like the crossover stuff.

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

Lepton

Dreamer
Hows it going? Well done for sticking with the writing thing, it can be difficult to keep it going at times (sigh).

Indeed it can be, I've had those *sigh* moments plenty of times, in fact, I'm having one write now haha. Other than that, things are going rather good. What about yourself?

Welcome! I have one work in progress that is a science fiction/fantasy hybrid. I like the crossover stuff.

Sounds exciting! Crossovers seem to be very fun to write, I feel like I can add quite a bit more to one of my books when I'm not completely stuck in one genre.

Last edited:
Lepton said:
Sounds exciting! Crossovers seem to be very fun to write, I feel like I can add quite a bit more to one of my books when I'm not completely stuck in one genre.

I am still working on the rules, I am trying to go for both hard science fiction, and hard fantasy, but it is proving harder than I expected. I think I need to choose my "One Big Lie", maybe three or four, it's a bit softer than I want right now.

Lepton

Dreamer
It's a good excuse to do a lot of things. >.> So, Aidan, you like to sit in chairs? Or are you talking about the adventurous part of this chair sitting thing? You know, when we're not actually sitting in a chair, but instead somewhere that could possibly be life threatening, like the mall.

I am still working on the rules, I am trying to go for both hard science fiction, and hard fantasy, but it is proving harder than I expected. I think I need to choose my "One Big Lie", maybe three or four, it's a bit softer than I want right now.

It makes me curious as to what your book is about.

I would imagine that attempting to write both of those as you've explained would be difficult. I tend to lean towards one genre or another, and if I'm writing a hybrid, it usually ends up with more of one of the two genres chosen. If you're trying to keep an even level of both, how do you do it?

Last edited:
It's a good excuse to do a lot of things. >.> So, Aidan, you like to sit in chairs? Or are you talking about the adventurous part of this chair sitting thing? You know, when we're not actually sitting in a chair, but instead somewhere that could possibly be life threatening, like the mall.

I find chairs to be life-threatening enough the way I lean back.

It makes me curious as to what your book is about.

I would imagine that attempting to write both of those as you've explained would be difficult. I tend to lean towards one genre or another, and if I'm writing a hybrid, it usually ends up with more of one of the two genres chosen. If you're trying to keep an even level of both, how do you do it?

Well, I have two worlds that the hybrid takes place on. Different planets in the Lagrange points of a star. Both planets were colonized from one ship, with each choosing a different path, one holding on to technology, one discarding many advancements to lead a simpler life. We wind up with one part sort of cyberpunk-ish, the other steampunk-ish, as a general guide. I'm only about 5,000 words in right now, having scrapped my re-write. Again.