• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello folks.

koen-hagens

Acolyte
Hello, my name is Koen and i'm from the Netherlands. I enjoy writing stories and even tough im Dutch I work mostly in English. I'm a great fan of J.K. Rowling and Rick Riordan, who also give me a lot of inspiration. I'm currently creating a world with a great lot of stories that all interweaved.
And im gonna sign off now so have a nice day folks.

AndrewLowe

Troubadour
Welcome Koen!

I just joined a week ago and I must say, that so far this has been the most productive forum I've ever joined. Go and get your five posts done so that you can really engage! I think that you'll find this forum to be a good board for bouncing around new ideas :)

I'm actually rather interested in your decision to write in a foreign language. What made you decide to do that?

Also, I look forward to hearing more from you–anything with "interweaved" in the description gets me excited.

koen-hagens

Acolyte
I'm actually rather interested in your decision to write in a foreign language. What made you decide to do that?

Also, I look forward to hearing more from you—anything with "interweaved" in the description gets me excited.
I decided to do so because my head thinks in English a lot, and I also have it so that I know what the English is and can't remember the Dutch, and I also think it just sounds better in English.

And the Interweaved part is gonna be really nice i think, what i have now is Lord Kandorin Hagodon (or Hagenon, not sure) whom i modelled after myself (even his name) Who created inter-dimensional, inter-chronological gates, or the Doors of Hagenon. And used those to travel to the planet of Terros Hagenon, where every sort of human civilization lives, and almost everything imaginable. Lord Kandorin died in the last great War, but his spirit lived on (although nobody knows).
In the story I'm on right now is the lead professor von Athensthal, who created a giant air-, land-, water-ship and his goal is to meet Lord Hagenon.
And there is also the Wizard Order, Normal humans but also sons of Hagenon and the personification of the planet, Terros, and they also hold a great deal of power over the world.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met koen-hagens
I can barely write in my first language let alone any other.
Good luck and welcome...

Geo

Troubadour
I decided to do so because my head thinks in English a lot, and I also have it so that I know what the English is and can't remember the Dutch, and I also think it just sounds better in English.

I totally get it... it's the same for me. Every time I think about what I want to write it comes in English as if my first language is not really involved in the process of creating fantasy...

Welcome and best of luck