• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A Package of Moods by Adam Bassett

A Package of Moods
Adam Bassett
Approx. 53,000 words

Available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo. It will be available on iTunes soon as well, and at any bookstores who choose to stock it. Direct links provided here on my website.

Blurb:

Stories are not told by one person.

Royce Pharmaceuticals has released six new products: Happy, Affection, Calm, Inspiration, Alert, and Lust—each applicable through a convenient adhesive patch.

Shortly after their release, Sara’s mother begins to lose her battle against cancer. Her father begins to use Happy and Calm just to make it through the day.

A college graduate working at a coffee shop, a young nurse who relies on Alert, a high school boy trying to do better than his parents, a businessman from Royce—everyone has a story to tell, and each is beginning to entwine.

Note: I would classify this as literary fiction, and while I realize that's not the sci-fi/fantasy genre that you're all so invested in, but I believe the light sci-fi/fantasy elements in the mood patches are enough to post about the novel here. Maybe. Somebody shout at me if I'm wrong and we'll work it out.

You can learn more about A Package of moods and read a preview here on my website. Look around to learn more about the fantasy epic I'm working on as well. That one's got magic and such, which I know you mall must love.

Also, I'll be hosting an author spotlight over at Reddit (r/books) on the 19th around 11am EST. If you're interested in asking any questions but really want to wait until the 19th, head on over and we can chat!

Or just talk to me on this forum. :p

Thanks for your time, and if you pick up the book, I do hope you enjoy!