• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Star wars!!!!

X Equestris

Maester
Should be interesting. From what I've heard, they're basically going for a Star Wars war movie, as opposed to the more epic style of the main movies. I'm excited to see more of the Empie's military hardware.

Ben

Troubadour
I thought I wouldn't be interested in this one - until I saw the trailer!
I'm hopeful I'll like it better than TFA - finding this female lead more intriguing and I think there'll be less temptation to rehash old plot lines. Crossing fingers.

Not sure how I feel about the SW spin-off movies, but I loved episode 7.
Darth Vader will probably be back, and I have a strong suspicion that Ben Mendelsohn will be playing Tarkin. If so I would like to see them incorporate a nod to Peter Cushing, like they did by including Alec Guinness' voice in ep.7. Donnie Yen is also an interesting inclusion. Could go either way but I'll be interested to see it.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
So... where does this story fit into the timeline? Is it between episodes 3 and 4? That's cool if it is, I just hope that they don't do like 1 through 3 where they had better technology and cooler looking ships than they did in 4, 5, and 6.
This is the story of the band of spies responsible for stealing the plans to the Death Star. Hopefully, will get a little Vader on the hunt.