• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Howdy people

LizzyRo

Dreamer
Howdy people! my name is Lizzy!
I love to read and wright!
So I am curtly working on a book and would like some ideas. I am always open to other people opinions and I love to help others!

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome, Lizzy!

Hope you find some inspiration here. What kinds of things do you like to write? What kinds of ideas do you take inspiration from? We're a really friendly bunch and love to help, so tell us about your work! We've got folks who write just about everything here.

LizzyRo

Dreamer
I write a lot of fantasy stuff. I have never published anything. This is a site that I wanted to try because I need some opinions on my stuff from other people.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Well, this is great place for that! You can get general feedback in the Showcase, or you can meet some folks and ask to trade privately. There are folks here on all legs of the writing race, so I'm sure you'll find plenty of feedback.

It helps to know ahead of time what kind of feedback you're looking for. Be specific if you can, by saying, "I'm really looking for help with making my characters feel fleshed-out." OR "This is a first draft and I'm looking for advice on how I can better connect the plot elements I feel are a little loose right now."

Critique is a two-way street, and it's a very personal thing. I've personally found that developing relationships with partners is the top priority when I meet a new potential partner. I like people who really read, not skim, and folks who will be really honest and point out where I gave up missed opportunities that could have brought my writing to the next level. We all have ideas of what we need in the way of advice.

If you aren't ready to trade, but have specific questions about story elements (e.g. Is my world interesting, what do you think of a magic based on making charms, how long does it take for a vampire to drain a victim dry), you can ask those things in the Research or World Building or Chit Chat forums.

Also, if you just like to write and flex rarely used muscles, there is a Challenges forum for just that purpose.

Best wishes!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met LizzyRo
Good to have you here.
Enjoy the wild ride that is Mythic Scribes. Okay that might be over selling it a bit...

LizLinz

Acolyte
Hi Lizzy, and welcome! Can I say welcome when I'm new here, too? Haha, either way I'm looking forward to reading you!

LizzyRo

Dreamer
Nice to meet you! And honestly I don't know I guess it is an unusual known. Also thanks