• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Follow me to lands maybe not so far away, where I wander into liminal places

Bekka King

Scribe
Why live where our feet are planted?

It's much more fun to live in creative places where our fantasy takes us. And get paid for it. So I do.

These days, I live in places "betwixt and between" in a land that may or may not be so far away - meaning border lands "between here and there." Exploring what happens in the world of liminality.

This grew out of memoir writing and the decision to allow the public to join me in exploring my own "semi-biographical fantasies."

It perhaps helps, on an auspicious level, that my mother's best friend's first child was born on Shakespeare's birthday and that I - my mother's first child - was born three days later on the anniversary of Shakespeare's baptism.

At present, I'm writing a series of semi-biographical fantasies - short stories - about an obscure college student whose personal pursuit of her Irish roots leads to the discovery that she's meant to lead the world to new levels of knowledge. She can be found here: My Publications | Bekka King

My Twitter feed: Bekka King (@BekkaKingAuthor) | Twitter

Russ

Istar
Welcome aboard Bekka.

When I read your intro I immediately thought of Moorcock's recent book, The Whispering Swarm, which is his own fantasy autobiography (or at least volume one of it). Have you had a chance to read it.

I hope you find lots of useful info here, and don't be shy about jumping right in to any of the ongoing conversations or starting your own.

Bekka King

Scribe
Thanks, Russ, for the welcome.

No, I'm not familiar with Moorcock or his book. I've made a note to look it up. :)

Yes, I've jumped into several conversations. I like the place. :)

Bekka King

Scribe
Russ,

I checked my local library. They have Moorock's The Whispering Swam, so I put a hold on it. Thanks again for mentioning it. :)