• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Spoiler-Fest: Game of Thrones S6

The interview with the actor who plays Bran included the hint that Bran can affect things wherever his visions take him. When I read that, I thought it meant past, present and future–wherever he goes. "Now he’s starting to make use of the visions and starting to discover he can interact with the past."

Had I never read that, I wouldn't be thinking that he somehow saved Jon when Jon was just a babe....or that we'll discover in Ep. 3 that Bran actually interceded to lead Jon's spirit back to his body for his resurrection....or whatever. Wild speculation.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
I kept asking myself if he had ever seen a red priest raise someone from the dead, otherwise seems like a random request, even if you had seen them do ****ed up shit before.

Thoros of Myr (flaming sword) resurrected Baeric Dondarrion multiple times. We actually witness the act after The Hound kills Baeric in a duel. Thoros is a priest of the Lord of Light, same as Melisandre.

I agree though, it should have been a stronger connection to Davos. His knowledge of the ability came out of left field.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I felt like bringing Jon back had to happen, and the writers didn't really do much to build up the reveal. I don't feel it's necessary to though. I poke fun, but I can't say I'd have a better way.

It's not like Ned's decapitation—"GASP! No one is safe!" Jon's death was, "Bah, HE'S safe." As is Tyrion and Dany. Brienne may be doomed, though I hope not. The Stark girls will live, and the remaining boys. I didn't think Tommen was doomed, but with his sister dead… yup. Doomed.

Anyway, the reveal was good to get out of the way, not drag out the most unsurprising reveal in a series known for surprises. What Jon does next has potential to surprise.

I mean aside from being freed from his oath. That reveal should be a thirty second scene with Jon and his loyal bros having a beer.

GUY: "So, freed from your oath, right?"
JON: "Yeah. I died, so… technicality."
GUY: "You should find a woman. First thing I'd do, post-res."
JON: "I found one. And how'd that work out for me?"
GUY: "Dude. Plenty of fish."
(both take a swig)

GUY: "So, freed from your oath, right?"
JON: "Yeah. I died, so… technicality."
GUY: "You should find a woman. First thing I'd do, post-res."
JON: "I found one. And how'd that work out for me?"
GUY: "Dude. Plenty of fish."
(both take a swig)

GUY: "Hey, you know that Melisandre isn't bad to look at!"
JON: "You know, not bad at all. Not bad at all...."

Last edited by a moderator:
See I think Ser davo's asking Melisandre if she can raise the dead is fine. Take it from the perspective that he's seen her make an assassin shadow baby. That's some pretty crazy magic. Raising the dead doesn't seem like all that far a feat to jump to.

Ben

Troubadour
It's not like Ned's decapitation—"GASP! No one is safe!" Jon's death was, "Bah, HE'S safe." As is Tyrion and Dany. Brienne may be doomed, though I hope not. The Stark girls will live, and the remaining boys. I didn't think Tommen was doomed, but with his sister dead… yup. Doomed.

Rickon's still in play. Sansa is probably safe but if they need a real shocker for the last two seasons ....

Let's play this game: who do you WANT to get the axe?

For me, aside from Ramsay, I'd have to say Theon. I've never liked him and his recent actions have only minimally redeemed him in my eyes.

Yarasha will be the only Greyjoy to survive.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Let's play this game: who do you WANT to get the axe?
Ramsay dies S6, ep.8-10. I mean this is my guess that he's kind of the villain you love to hate and love to see dead.

I'd like Waldur Frey to die. He's kinda been forgotten since Red Wedding, but with trouble in the House Bolton, maybe we'll see him and he'll die horribly. Maybe Ramsay will give the man a painful death.

And here's a non-evil I want dead: Dario. I just hated the romance between him and Dany. He's too cocky, and on the show he even took over a scene that made Strong Belwas awesome in the book–the single combat scene. But the book 5 scenes were what made me hate this character enough to root for the death of a good guy.

I'm calling it now. Ramsay is going to die by Rickon warging into Ramsay's dogs and eating him alive before the end of this season. Probably episode 9, as a mic drop moment before the actual battle with the faith militia in episode 10.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I like that as the death. I'm hoping the wildling woman somehow survives this… but hope and GoT go together like milk and Pepsi.

EDIT - "Willing woman?" Really, auto-correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
I've been wondering if Rickon and Osha are plants, the Umbers are plotting, and the wolf's head was not Shaggydog but came from some random dire wolf. This is probably a vain hope.

At this point, it's too difficult to decide who should get the gift of killing Ramsay. I do think that the battle for Winterfell probably won't happen until episode 9 or 10; so he's probably safe until then.

I'm starting to worry that the producers will rush the ending to the series. Next season is the last season, right? There are so many plot threads, and this season seems mostly like the others: a long set-up to whatever's coming next season. The episodes of this season seem like series of snapshots bouncing all over the place. I expected that for the first episode, but now we're past the third and it's still going on. I'd much rather they focused on a few areas each episode, even if that means many characters are absent in an episode.

Last edited:

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
It's been a while since I've read the books, but pretty much everything we're seeing now was never actually written.

Correct?

Lea

Dreamer
That last episode was not what I hoped it would be. I felt like, up until last night, the season had been pretty eventful, or at least tense. You had the men at the wall, wondering what was going to come of them. Dani trying to save her life. Ramsey trying to secure his place as Lord. Sansa on the run. There was so much tension in the first two episodes. Then last night? Nothing.

The only spark of excitement for me came at the Tower. And of course, they cut it off before we could learn anything useful. Oh well. Til next week!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
It's been a while since I've read the books, but pretty much everything we're seeing now was never actually written.

Correct?
Sam and Gilly at sea and the King's Moot are in book 5 and S6, and so far, are similar to the book as far as I can tell. Yeah, the rest is all new whether due to changes or simply being book 6 material.