• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

I really really want to strangle my boss and colleagues for being incompetent and stupid idiots - I have to clean up the mess, and if I don't - I take the whole blame. It's not like I have a life anyway. -.-

In much the same boat–although I don't take the blame. But if I don't do what needs to be done, then it just doesn't get done, and so I end up doing it just to keep the place from going out of business. That old saying? If you give an inch, they take a mile? The problem with being productive is that too often it comes with a boatload of freeloaders, and before you know it you are the only one paddling a massive boat upstream.

kennyc

Inkling
I really really want to strangle my boss and colleagues for being incompetent and stupid idiots - I have to clean up the mess, and if I don't - I take the whole blame. It's not like I have a life anyway. -.-

Yep. That's a large part of why I left my last job.

Tom

Istar
All of my literature stuff is due Friday. I also have a final exam tonight, one tomorrow morning, and another Friday. I'm dead.

Reilith

Sage
Anxiety over 9000 - working deep into the night for a deadline for work tomorrow - also have a test at uni in the morning and need to get up at 6am.

C

Chessie

It's 64F/18C here in our valley. Friggin' HOT. Alaska just bypassed spring straight on into summer. People are in shorts already and it's only mid-May!

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I say we have our own system and call the units Allen. So 0 Allen is freezing and 200 Allen is boiling. Done. I'm a genius.

That's funny, the Allen is the same unit I use to measure how boring a writing article is on facebook. Seven Allens is pretty bad. :cool:

Reaver

Staff
When I was known as Little Reaver back in the late seventies, the government tried to get the USA to switch over to the metric system. I was all like: "What?!?!? And be like Canada with their square wheels, maple syrup on all the food and 24/7 Anne Murray on the radio?!?!? Forget it!"