• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood! =)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello everyone!

Yeah, I know that in my very long thread about AC2 I said (even several times!) that I would never play AC Brotherhood and Revelations because of my great dislike for Ezio Auditore. However, it so happened that the other day I found both of these games incredibly cheap at my favorite games shop and I decided to purchase them.

After finally getting over my Altair is the One and Only belief, I have come to accept AC2 and its sequels as independent games that have loads of fun to offer even though they are nothing like the original that I love. Now I find Ezio more likable, and I have been enjoying Brotherhood a lot.

What can you tell me about AC Brotherhood? Do you think it's better or worse than AC2?

So far, I have completed the first three sequences of the game. Rome looks stunning, really a beautiful place to explore and admire, and the graphics in general are excellent. The combat was made even easier than it was in AC2, but it's fun, and I already purchased the Crossbow for Ezio.

Any tips that you can give me?

I enjoyed both Brotherhood and Revelations, and I think you'll really enjoy how Revelations combines the two assassin's stories, but Brotherhood has a lot to offer as well.

I don't know about better than AC2, but it is a very enjoyable sequel. The main strengths (in my opinion), are the story, the characters, the music, and of course Rome. The game takes place mostly in Rome, so if you're used to travelling around Italy like AC2 you might be disappointed, but the city is beautifully created and has a lot to explore. Ezio in his 40s is a much more competent assassin and mature person, and its fun to see how his relationships unfold with people like Machiavelli, Leonardo Da Vinci, and the Borgia family. The music as ever is perfect. Some people consider the game more of the same, but if you are intrigued by Ezio's story and the Italian setting then it is a very good game. Personally I prefer Revelations, but you should stick with it to get the full story ;) .

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Aidan, it's great to see you around!

I still have not played Revelations, because I want to finish Brotherhood first. I am not going to miss the other cities like Florence and Venice because Rome is superb, and incredibly huge as well as far as I can tell at this point... I have one question for you, though: Where am I supposed to pick up the income that Rome generates for Ezio?

In AC2 the income was collected at Claudia's office in Monteriggioni, but now the village was destroyed...

The crossbow is great, but for now my principal source of enjoyment comes from my relentless campaign of terror against the citizens of Rome. I keep beating, stealing and killing left and right in order to collect as much money as possible, because I do not feel alright with a poor Ezio... I want him to be wealthy again, as soon as possible!

So in this game Ezio is already in his 40's? That's curious, I thought that he was thirty five at most.

The music is incredible, and the game does feel like it was AC 2.2 with almost identical gameplay and many other things that were copied straight from the previous adventure. Anyway, Rome feels very different to all of the other cities and Ezio indeed is more mature and more likeable than before.

What are some fun things to do in Rome apart from following the storyline?

Philster401

Maester
I don't remember at the moment (it might collect automatically) but I have been wondering what your thoughts on the Assassin's Creed movie trailer were

Hello Aidan, it's great to see you around!

I still have not played Revelations, because I want to finish Brotherhood first. I am not going to miss the other cities like Florence and Venice because Rome is superb, and incredibly huge as well as far as I can tell at this point... I have one question for you, though: Where am I supposed to pick up the income that Rome generates for Ezio?

In AC2 the income was collected at Claudia's office in Monteriggioni, but now the village was destroyed...

The crossbow is great, but for now my principal source of enjoyment comes from my relentless campaign of terror against the citizens of Rome. I keep beating, stealing and killing left and right in order to collect as much money as possible, because I do not feel alright with a poor Ezio... I want him to be wealthy again, as soon as possible!

So in this game Ezio is already in his 40's? That's curious, I thought that he was thirty five at most.

The music is incredible, and the game does feel like it was AC 2.2 with almost identical gameplay and many other things that were copied straight from the previous adventure. Anyway, Rome feels very different to all of the other cities and Ezio indeed is more mature and more likeable than before.

What are some fun things to do in Rome apart from following the storyline?

Its been a while since I played it, but if I remember correctly you have to renovate a bank to collect your income.
Can't remember the dates, but I think Ezio is about 41.
I always enjoy destroying the Borgia towers and buying up the town. You'll also either love or hate the lairs of Romulus levels. The assassin side missions are also pretty fun, you get to kill a variety of Templars who are actually the characters you play as in multiplayer.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Philster and Aidan.

I already posted my comments in the thread about the Assassin's Creed movie trailer. I think that it looks very promising, and I am looking forward to watch it even though I would have preferred a film about Altair and AC1.

Yeah, today I just discovered that there are banks in Rome. I have already renovated several of them, and now Ezio can freely collect the income that his renovated shops generate from various parts of the city. This has led me to believe that Ezio is actually running an advanced network of organized crime in order to rule Rome with iron fist, and perhaps the game should be called Ezio the Rome Tycoon...

No, I am not going to complain about these games anymore! I am just going to have fun playing the Rome Tycoon! =)

Aidan: Indeed, I already completed an entire level of Romulus underground ruins and hated it. I hope that those lairs are completely optional, I do not fancy all the climbing and puzzle solving at all...

I have already purchased the Giant Axe for Ezio (I am not sure what its real name is) and I dyed his Assassin suit with dark green and blue, combined with a red and orange cloak so he looks like a real tycoon. I wonder, what happened to Claudia and Ezio's mother? When are they going to show up again? I hope they become Assassins and start killing people too, it's unfair that Ezio gets all the fun for himself.

Maybe Claudia can rule half of Rome while Ezio rules the rest! XD