• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Camp NaNoWriMo 2016

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I did not do the camp. I knew there would be too many distractions.

I'm just dropping in to shower kudos on all you folks. Having done NaNo previously, I appreciate how difficult it can be, how discouraging it can be, how rewarding it can be. Well done to all of you, and remember this sage piece of advice (garnered from genuine sage):

To be sure of hitting your target, just shoot.
Whatever you hit, call that the target.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
And history repeats itself...

Last April NaNo, I managed a mere 15,000 words on that project.

This time, owing to a bad outline, multiplying RL issues, and a lack of enthusiasm, I wrote 17170 words. Ugh.

Looks like I'll be most of May finishing the rough...and man will it ever be rough...

driggs

I didn't get to participate in April. Too much going on in RL. I plan to try and participate in Camp in July and definitely will be participating in NaNo in Nov.

C

Chessie

Is anyone doing camp this June? If so, we could use this same thread, no?

I've got a new project that I'm starting specifically for Camp NaNo. Don't think I'll do the cabins though. It's not really my thing.

EDIT: I thought the camp was in June...is it July? I better Google!

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I believe its July. I intend to write the rough for 'Empire: Spiral' during that period, though I'll be lucky to be half done by months end. (Still plugging away at 'Empire: Metropolis,' my April NaNo project...though the end is almost in sight.

C

Chessie

It is indeed July. I get confused every year.:p

Mcwalker

Acolyte
Glad to see other people excited for this as well. This is my first camp and I can't wait to actually be able to start writing!

I'm going to be trying out the camp this year too.

I'm continuing the work I started in May. Which was over 40 000 words I got down. So I bumped up my camp NaNowrimo goal to be 100 000.

Is there a sort of 'friends list' on the camp Nano page? or did they replace that with cabins?