• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Overwatch

Gryphos

Auror
Yo I gotta say, Overwatch is pretty sick. In case you weren't aware of it, Overwatch is a competitive multiplayer FPS produced by Blizzard. Players in teams of 6 pick one of a selection of characters to play as, each one having their own abilities, stats and play style.

And it's these characters that truly make the game. It's such a diverse and colourful group, containing, among others, a jetpack-riding, rocket-launching Egyptian woman, a 7-foot tall retired German dude with battle armour and big-ass hammer, a Japanese cyborg ninja, and a Buddhist robot monk. Each of them are well-defined and interesting, both as characters and gameplay classes.

Due to the short match lengths (usually around 5-10 minutes), this game can get pretty damn addicting, as you constantly find yourself saying 'just one more match', only to find yourself, an hour later, still playing.

But I ain't complaining; I'm having a blast. So far I'm most confident in support roles playing as either Zenyatta (robo-monk), Mercy (Swiss doctor who heals teammates), and Symmetra (Indian woman who makes shitloads of little turrets). Though I've dabbled in being a tank as Zarya and Reinhardt, and I've had reasonable success as the aforementioned Egyptian soldier Pharah.

Pretty cool stuff.