• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Prosthetic Amalgams

kennyc

Inkling

My collection of Flash Fiction now available.

Prosthetic Amalgams by Kenny A. Chaffin
now available at Amazon.

"The world will know of you!"

A few excerpts:

Schrodinger’s Cats

They called them Schrodinger’s cats and they never failed to amaze me, even with all I’ve seen in my long life. The neocat lifeforms were fully designed amalgams of biology, physics and artificial intelligence. It was their behavior more than anything that intrigued me. They would warily approach an electrical outlet as if stalking it and then lap at it with their long blue tongues as if it were a bowl of milk -- the overhead lights flickering with each touch of those tongues.

Cow Town

No bull. They were excluded by law. Only cows allowed. Yeah, it was sexist but they wanted their own way without all that snorting and stomping and posturing and my God the smell. So much better without them around. They each had their own loft arranged just the way they wanted it; some with pink frilly curtains and others with plain curtains made from feed sacks. They could have calves if wanted or not. Just a matter of artificial insemination and none of that bull on your back crap. It was a pleasant society, a serene society, a sober society with no bull.

Bearded Squirrel

Seven years from now a bearded squirrel looking like Rasputin glares at me from atop a fence post along the canal. Yes, the same canal I walk along now. He scolds me saying, ‘Why are you here? What have you done, it’s been seven years?’ I just look at him and shake my head because I too can see the past and say, ‘You think it’s easy? You up on your high post from your future vantage point?’ I spit on the grass in front of the post to make my point. I know as well as him what the future holds and am content with it, for I will have looked back on it that seven years ago and I tell him, ‘The world will know of you!’ I turn and walk into the future.

Other samples at Amazon and on my Mansions of the Mind blog.

kennyc

Inkling
To celebrate the release of Prosthetic Amalgams II I've dropped the price on this previous collection to 99 cents!

Enjoy!

I always welcome input and reviews. Let me know what you think!

Last edited: