• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi everyone :)

xerolee

Scribe
My name is Lee, I love reading fantasy books mainly Robert Jordan, George rr Martin, Brandon Sanderson ,trudi canavan. I also like to write but my writing isn't so great due to my education and things out of my control. Anyone, add me message me.
Will be putting a extract from a story I am writing soon.

Ketsuki

Dreamer
Hey xerolee, how are you?

I might be new here but I still want to offer you greetings and continual good luck with your projects.

It's really great to hear that you sound so willing to push through personal boundaries (of which you're
aren't alone) to follow your dreams :D

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Reaver

Staff
Hello xerolee! Welcome to the greatest fantasy writers site you've ever seen! :D I look forward to seeing your contributions!

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...welcome to our forum then, where you can think of me as a friend when we meet..." mentioned the goblin sat in his usual chair in the bistro, while outside the day together with a constant two way stream of cars just drove by in a casual hum of irrelevance, where yes he too could lament that the gap on forumland, the one between the author and his works, had all but gone now, and where those too, who still played "well these are my posts but those are my works" didn't see what the reader actually saw of them, so the goblin, as if proving his friendship, simply remarked "...perhaps, to get readers to go you your excerpts, those excerpts are best first mingled within your posts, but you're wondering how you can break out from all this expected norm of oh, do please write like everyone else does conditioning, yet my answer is not your answer but answer you must if you are to be yourself here...")

Last edited:
Welcome to the mythic scribes. I hope this community helps you to grow. I am the resident Pariah, C.T. McEvilPants.

Education is never out of your control. Grab a book, grab a dictionary and read like crazy. Your vocabulary will grow. Your ability to read and absorb will grow. Far too often the world teaches to pursue thing that are easy. When we do this, what constitutes easy has to get easier and easier and we shrink. When we take on challenges, we grow, and thus what is required to challenge us grows more difficult without our ever noticing it.
One of the most important exercises a writer can do is to read. Every day. Every single day for at least 30 minutes.

David Brin can certainly challenge a readers vocabulary at first. And if you take time to read a little on the underlying topics he presents, it gets even more interesting. Take for instance, the game of "Life" mentioned in glory season. Or Pathogenic reproduction. All things I learned after having seen them in the book.
Most books present such opportunities to a curious mind.

I don't always loose sleep searching for extraneous material, but when I do...I prefer dos coffees.

aderyn

Scribe
Welcome Xerolee! There are always obstacles to doing what we want to do - write. But there's always a way around them ;)