• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello From California!

Hello! My name is Kim, and I reside in what I'm guessing is currently the warmest place in the continental US. It's 59 degrees and sunny! There's not a cloud in the sky. The Santa Ana winds are expected to get fierce today, but since I live just north of L.A., this is a good thing as it will clean up all the smog.

What a lovely forum this is! The content looks interesting, and its appearance is very pleasing.

I was just passing by and thought I'd say hello. I used to be a voracious reader at one time, but not so much the last few years thanks to the good ole' intarwebz. LOL

My favorite author is Anne Tyler, and I'm particularly partial to her novel Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant. It's a really great slice-of-life novel.

Anyway, that's my story at the moment. Catch you on the flip side.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hey Kim!

Welcome to Mythic Scribes.

What a lovely forum this is! The content looks interesting, and its appearance is very pleasing.

Thank you! Although I'm not a whizz with graphic design, I do enjoy the creative process. Both of my parents were art teachers, and I picked up a lot from studying with them. My goal was to create a unique design that - simply put - was pleasing to look at and easy to read.

Given that you're a graphics pro, I really appreciate your kind words.

Hi Black Dragon!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Sounds like art is in your blood. I'm not surprised you have a good eye. :)

And thank you for the kind words. I don't know if I'm a graphics pro. I'm basically an amateur whose taken a lot of classes on Yahoo groups and done a lot of tutorials. You could even say I'm a little obsessed. But it's fun. I love it.

Hi Kim,

What kinds of graphics do you specialize in?

Hiya Greybeard!

I do sigtags mostly. Sometimes I make forum themes for delphiforums, but it's been an age since I made the last one.

Many of my tags are dark and bloody because I grew up on horror films and books and am a horror fan. You'll also see plenty of goth and punk influences which are holdovers from my wild and crazy youth. *g*

You can see my tags here if you're interested:
http://getgraffik.blogspot.com/?zx=2e6d0883bf681f79

Linnorm

Dreamer
:eek: Well, I live in the Inland Empire, and those Santa Anas just blow the smog in my face...when they're not blowing so hard they threaten to knock me off of my feet!