• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

November NaNoWriMo 2016

C

Chessie

I know it's only late September but I'm excited about NaNo this year and wanted to get the thread ball going. Anyone thinking about doing it this year? The daily word count is 1700 for 30 days but it can be any amount that is right for you. The idea is consistent, daily writing. Maybe those of us who will be doing it can help each other prepare. Feel free to post your ideas & thoughts here. When the actual event comes, we can share tidbits of our work.
:showoff:

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
I think I'm going to do it. This would be my first time. I actually have a decent WIP that I can see myself doing 1700wds/day (not going to say "no problem", but definitly consistantly).

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
I also plan on doing it this year. not sure what I'll be writing at that point. My plan is to finish my current wip by the end of October and then start of the next. Whether or not I hit that deadline, or I'm still writing the next project I have in mind, is still up in the air. Should be fun either way!

C

Chessie

I also plan on doing it this year. not sure what I'll be writing at that point. My plan is to finish my current wip by the end of October and then start of the next. Whether or not I hit that deadline, or I'm still writing the next project I have in mind, is still up in the air. Should be fun either way!
Same here. My WIP is due at the editor's on Nov. 15th, which means I have to finish it by the 1st so I can get started on my NaNo project. I keep deleting shit so I'm crossing fingers that my projects won't overlap.

@Helio: consistency is the main goal, so you're good! :)

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
Same here. My WIP is due at the editor's on Nov. 15th, which means I have to finish it by the 1st so I can get started on my NaNo project. I keep deleting shit so I'm crossing fingers that my projects won't overlap.

That sounds really exciting! Best of luck to you!

Chilari

Staff
Yes, I'll be doing it. I'm torn between being impatient for it to start so I can start the story, and being happy we've still got another month because I've got a lot of worldbuilding and character development I want to do first. (I'm pantsing the plot, and have only planned out the general scenario and how my protagonists meet; the rest will depend on worldbuilding and characterisation to help me see where the plot will take me).

I don't think I'll manage 50K this year, but 30K is doable. I'm busy job hunting at the moment so with any luck in November I'll be busy getting to grips with a new full time job.

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
I'm planning to participate. I'm saying "planning" because of the fact that it'll be November and I'll be busy with school work. At the moment, my syllabi for my classes make it seem like there won't be TOO much work for me to do during November, so I might be able to pull it off. I've been participating since, like, 2007 but still haven't won. :eek: Mostly that's because of school, when I've had it, and because of just writing myself into a wall and not knowing how to fix it. My plan at the moment is to "rebel" and start writing it before November starts and then not put as much pressure on myself to reach the 50k and only count the words I write in November toward my November word count. We'll see how that goes, though. I would really love it if this year was the year I win, but I say that...EVERY year. -__- I just need to knuckle down and keep myself on track and write as often as I can during November. I have the whole first week of November off of work and will only have my classes, so hopefully that will be my main week where I REALLY write and can get my word count pretty high.

cydare

Minstrel
I'm definitely going to be participating! November is going to be a month of work after work when it comes to school, but I've made a commitment to at least try my hardest to win. I need to develop a habit of daily writing and I want to write the project I'm currently planning. Nanowrimo is great incentive for both those things.

I just saw that the site is down for the wipe - I'm excited to get started on the fresh nanowrimo forums.

mrsmig

Dreamer
I've done NaNo in the past, but I'm not going to be participating this year - my November is going to be extremely busy and I know I won't have the time, even if I had a project ready to go. But I'll be cheering others from the sidelines!

C

Chessie

I'm curlytiwi over there and just signed up, too! Novel name: My Ludmila.

cydare

Minstrel
I'm still cydare on nanowrimo.My working title is "Life Drinker" but it doesn't quite fit so that'll undergo some changes.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Yes, I'll be participating, though I've yet to sign up. I am 'Thinker102' on NaNo.

Last year, I fell about 1600 words shy of winning.

I'll probably fall short this year as well, but that's because 'Empire: Judgment' is supposed to be 'only' 40-45K - then again, my current WIP, 'Empire: Spiral,' was supposed to be in that range, and its going to break 50K. 'Judgment' finishes out the 'Empire' novella series, which would be a nice cap to the year. Next year...rewrites and edits. Lots of rewrites and edits.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
I'm still fluffy poodle over there. Don't have a novel in mind yet. In truth I'm not sure if I'll finish my current project before November hits... we'll see what happens though!

C

Chessie

Two things:

1. Do any of you outline and would you like to do some brainstorming in this thread?
2. I wonder if we could use a private chat here on MS during NaNo for word sprints. Anyone down?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
1. I'm outlining my NaNo. Hopefully it'll help. I'd love to brainstorm as well -- I have a lot of plot stuff to iron out.
2. Sounds like fun. ^^

cydare

Minstrel
I'm outlining and would love to brainstorm! As for word sprints, I don't know if I'd be motivational except as a "well I'm doing better than her" kind of participant haha! I'm hoping nano can help me with my writing speed and stop me from being so hung up on every word.