• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Best Quotes from a game

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
If you have a favourite quote from a game, or just one you thought was very cool, then this thread is for you.

One that comes to mind for me is from Skyrim, a game I have spent too much time in.
"Legends don't burn down villages" -Ulfric Stormcloak.
Something about this quote just feels good.

Another great quote comes from Frank Horrigan in the second fallout game upon his *Spoiler* death.
"semper fi", Always faithful, a great quote for a man ruthlessly devoted to his cause.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
This is the song that plays at the end of Portal during the credits. It's in the voice of the AI that you defeat.

I haven't even played the game and I find it haunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ban

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I wish you were my teacher now skip, haha.

X Equestris

Maester
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." Andrew Ryan (Bioshock)

"The thing about happiness is you only know you had it when it's gone. I mean, you may think to yourself that you're happy. But you don't really believe it. You focus on the petty bull****, or the next job, or whatever. It's only looking back, by comparison with what comes after, that you really understand: that's what happiness felt like." Kellogg (Fallout 4)

Last edited:

Brithel

Dreamer

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I think we can already conclude from this thread that the original fallout games sure have a lot of great quotes.
However one thing that Bethesda did do very well at least is creating the greatest robot giant ever. (sorry iron giant)

"Democracy is non-negotiable"
"Embrace democracy or you will be eradicated"
"Communism is a temporary setback on the road to freedom"
"Chairman Cheng will fall, China will fail"
"The last domino falls here"
"Red chinese victory, impossible"
"Death is a preferable alternative to communism"

How can anyone not love a giant robot with the philosophy of McCarthyism on steroids

Gryphos

Auror
"The sun is a wondrous body, like a magnificent father. If only I could be so grossly incandescent!" – Solaire of Astora (aka the biggest bro in gaming)

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Oh man, Skyrim is full of them! I'm playing it again right now, and I do enjoy the things Ulfric Stormcloak says. He's very quotable. So are a few of the other characters.

Skyrim Quotes

Gryphos

Auror
This utter gem from Devil May Cry:

"I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIGHT (liiiight liiiiight liiiiight)"

To illustrate the hilariousness...

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
This utter gem from Devil May Cry:

"I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIGHT (liiiight liiiiight liiiiight)"

To illustrate the hilariousness...

Oh god that is great. Just that voice crack when he says light, puberty sure can be tough for some of us.

Reactions: Ben

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I just finished playing Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines for the second time. The game is known for its great dialogue, among which:

"'You know the problems we've been having in the Mid-East?'
'Yes. Those damn Virginians.'" - Stoned Caller / Deb of Night

"Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future." - vampire pirate/biker Jack

"It's not that I don't love throwing myself into the heart of danger just to curry favour with the local magistrate of the hour, but... actually, it's precisely that." -vampire researcher Beckett

"you can call me Fat Larry with a F-A-T, cos I know I got a weight problem but I don't give a f**k" -Fat Larry

And at last, perhaps the most nonchalant fourth-wall breaking in any game

You: "Will I win in the end?"
Fortune Teller: "It is not important if you win or lose, but that you bought the game."

C

Chessie

Fallout 4 has some pretty hilarious lines, but my favorite is this one said by none other than my female protagonist, Chloe. I seriously busted a gut from laughing so hard.

Reaver

Staff
"Snake? Snaaaaaaake!"

-Anyone on solid Snake's team after he dies during a mission in Metal Gear Solid.

Sparkie

Auror
Some of my favorites:

"I'd hug you, but Ocheeva told me not to." - T.E.S. IV: Oblivion

"Why do I always get stuck reading about this bloody idiot?" - The Bard's Tale (2004)

"I chose Rapture." - Bioshock

"Well, well, what have we here?" - Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Inquisition

"You didn't scare those boors off for my sake, but for your own. To feel just and noble. A knight on a swiving white steed. Or do I have it all wrong?" - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose: Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow." - Final Fantasy X

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... When you gaze long into the Abyss the Abyss also gazes into you." - Baldur's Gate, from Nietzsche

"You're an angry and feck-ugly man, but not a bad one." - Red Dead Redemption

Hi,

This is from Neverwinter Nights 2 - damned funny.

Khelgar Ironfist: You'd best be careful, you simpering little father's girl, or you'll learn a thing or two about Ironfist honor and manhood!
Qara: Oh, you mean the two smallest things in all of Faerûn? From what I hear, no woman could learn about Ironfist manhood from you, Khelgar.
Khelgar Ironfist: Wh-what?! I'll have you know plenty of women know about Ironfist manhood! Plenty! They just all live up... around Waterdeep... or they'd tell you!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neeshka: Well then, why don't you show us how it's done, firehair?
Qara: Firehair - imaginative and biting, with just the slightest hint of wit. Is that really the best your demon blood can squeeze out, tail for brains?
Neeshka: My brains are not in my tail.
Qara: So, are they right next to it? If so, might want to loosen the back of your pants a notch, because even with the hole, they're obviously not getting enough air.
Neeshka: Okay, explain that one to me.
Khelgar Ironfist: Well, she said your brains are next to your tail... which would imply that your brains are in your rear end. And that you breathe through your...

And then there's all the gnomes' insults from Fable III:

"It's a beautiful day today...except where you're standing!"

"Know what I like best about humans? They die..."

"I wish we could be friends. Then I could tell you secrets...like I'm going to set you on fire."

"I wish I had friends. Then I'd drown them..."

"Oh I didn't notice you there. How does it feel to be so insignificant?"

"Nice weapons. What are you, COMPENSATING for something?"

"I had a doggie once.... Had him with mash and mushy peas!"

Cheers, Greg.