• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

X Equestris

Maester
Currently pushing through Batman: Arkham Knight. I've finished everything but the stupid, tedious Riddler challenges scattered across the city. I'd pass on them, but in order to get the true ending I need 100% completion. Ugh. Otherwise, the game was pretty enjoyable.

grimreaper

Scribe
It's been four years since I last came onto this forum.... a slew of problems had kept me from writing much. It feels weird to see that the general look and feel of the forums haven't changed. :D.

Anyway, I am currently playing Witcher 3. No doubt many of the members on here will have already played it, but if you haven't I would recommend giving it a try. Not for it's admittedly amazing artwork, but for it's awesome storytelling.

X Equestris

Maester
It's been four years since I last came onto this forum.... a slew of problems had kept me from writing much. It feels weird to see that the general look and feel of the forums haven't changed. :D.

Anyway, I am currently playing Witcher 3. No doubt many of the members on here will have already played it, but if you haven't I would recommend giving it a try. Not for it's admittedly amazing artwork, but for it's awesome storytelling.

I just finished a playthrough on Deathmarch a few weeks ago, and am taking a break before playing through the expansions. Funnily enough, random wolf packs ended up being tougher than most of the bosses. The only ones I had real trouble with were the basilisk you fight as Ciri, and the Crones.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
As if you have the time to play games. C'mon man, you're not fooling anybody. :D

Currently playing Red Dead Redemption because it kicks ass.

Yeah, haven't had much time to play, but at least I have it. I want to play Red Dead Redemption!

Reaver

Staff
Yeah, haven't had much time to play, but at least I have it. I want to play Red Dead Redemption!

Buddy, if you buy RDR, make sure to get the Game of the Year version. It has bonus content called Undead Nightmare. A story line in which you as the protag get to kill zombies. What's more badass than cowboys vs. zombies?

C

Chessie

Dear Bethesda,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience the most epic bloodbath of all Commonwealth history. The raiders didn't even know what hit them and now Nuka World is mine.

Sincerely,
The Sole Survivor

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Buddy, if you buy RDR, make sure to get the Game of the Year version. It has bonus content called Undead Nightmare. A story line in which you as the protag get to kill zombies. What's more badass than cowboys vs. zombies?

I will do that. It's at the top of my list to get when I have time to play, along with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Just finished Journey and then Firewatch. Both short and both worth the time.

Now it's back to W3 for Blood and Wine.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I got sucked back into World of Warcraft with the new expansion. I missed launch though, so I'm a bit behind and it's actually making it better. I don't feel stressed about keeping up with the Jones, and instead I take it at my own pace, playing when I've got time to spare and doing what seems most fun at the moment.

Tom

Istar
Just started a new playthrough of Dragon Age 2! I missed the story and characters a lot. Last time I played as default Garrett Hawke, but this time around I decided to mix it up and created a custom Hawke who, if I'm being honest, looks like Alistair Theirin with black hair and bright blue-green contacts. I'll probably end up romancing Fenris on this playthrough.

teacup

Auror
Now it's back to W3 for Blood and Wine.
Oh man Witcher 3 is an absolute masterpiece. I couldn't fault it at all, 10/10 without a doubt. Blood and Wine is great too. I've got to read the books someday.

I'm on Dark Souls 3 right now, this this being my 3rd full playthrough I'm doing. I did a strength build in NG and NG+ and now I'm doing sorcery in NG. I'm also still playing it a lot for the PVP on my strength guy - really great game, love the 1v1 duels in pvp. Can't wait for the DLC.

C

Chessie

I'm pretty sure Nuka World is void of any evil creature. My settlers can rest easily now. Raiders? Oh, they've been dead for a long, long time. Now...back to Far Harbor.

R.H. Smith

Minstrel
Currently I'm on Neverwinter for PS4, though past games include Age of Conan, Guild Wars 1&2, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Knights of Old Republic.

C

Chessie

I made the mistake of loading up Survival Mode Chloe in FO4. It's been ages since I've played that save, and discovered that she has a pretty bad infection costing her about a stimpak an hour. Getting to Diamond City for antibiotics is proving its own merciless challenge with Super Mutants and ferals everywhere. She's only level 20, too. Suckage when her normal save is level 115. Why do I this to myself? Sigh.

Saigonnus

Auror
Recently picked up Endless Kingdom. I like it a lot. It is like civ, but with a fantasy theme. What I like about it is that terrain plays a part in movement and combat, unlike with civ. You also need to use strategy when fighting, unlike civ; which is simply strength vs. strength... just exploring the game is fun... you can even customize units and heros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saigonnus

Auror
Recently picked up Endless Kingdom. I like it a lot. It is like civ, but with a fantasy theme. What I like about it is that terrain plays a part in movement and combat, unlike with civ. You also need to use strategy when fighting, unlike civ; which is simply strength vs. strength... just exploring the game is fun... you can even customize units and heros.

My bad. It's called Endless Legend