• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Some of them, Pandora occasionally will send them to me, that's how you get into new songs, like I got Van Canto from Irish, Powerwolf from Van Canto, Sabaton from Powerwolf and so on. I may return to western one of these days, lol I started there.

Sabaton has a new album out, btw...

I didn't know with sabaton, so thanks for the info. Pandora updates like once every ten or fifteen years lol. About two months back they came out with Powerwolf's Blessed and Possessed album, which I didn't know had come out in 2015.

Sabaton has a new album out, btw...

When my parents were vacationing in Sweden and Poland and headed over to Poland they were on a flight with Sabaton. They didn't know who they were but when they arrived in Poland there were fans there to meet them at the airport holding up signs.

When my parents were vacationing in Sweden and Poland and headed over to Poland they were on a flight with Sabaton. They didn't know who they were but when they arrived in Poland there were fans there to meet them at the airport holding up signs.

And they didn't know it, lol. Cool though

cydare

Minstrel
I'm listening to Ayrad's album! They're an awesome group from Canada that sings in French and Arabic. Although I don't understand the lyrics, the music style gets me in a perfect writing mood that fits my WIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listen to a bit of everything, but these days I mostly focus on prog, hip hop, and avant garde jazz/jazz fusion. I've been obsessing over Mouse on the Keys and Hermann Szobel in recent weeks.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Billie Holiday and Etta James are good choices.

I'm about a month late to respond, but thanks for the suggestions. Etta James was already high on my list (I'd rather go blind is ridiculously good), but I've never really listened to Billie Holiday.

C

Chessie

Hey, yeah I hope you enjoy her music! I was just listening to her, actually...and switched over to Def Leppard heh heh!

Saigonnus

Auror
Been on an Apocalyptica kick lately, more specifically, their collaborations with singers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Someone linked me this track the other day and it's gotten well stuck now:
Reminds me a bit of Lorde, but a bit less polished. Less slick - dirtier.

C

Chessie

About to edit a scene that calls for this song heh:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I put together a playlist for my new story - that's how I knew I was getting serious about it. If you're on spotify, you can find it here: Kala on Spotify

It's predominantly dark/mellow music, but with a bit of more upbeat and energetic stuff thrown into the mix. I'm likely to be listening almost exclusively to this until at least December.

C

Chessie

My new favorite writing music:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8aas1Qrksls[/video]