• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Telurran Theology- Araanienism

osimur_wil

Scribe
Hello, everyone. I've been gone for a long time and I've been working very hard on my projects. One thing that I've been having fun with in particular is creating religions and theologies. Today, I'll be posting the primary religion of my world, Araanienism. I used Zoroastrianism as a base and jazzed it up with some ideas taken from Christianity and other Abrahamic faiths

Please, be sure to tell me what you think. How to improve it, what you feel needs changing, anything and everything is appreciated.

Telurran Theology- Araanienism - Pastebin.com

I will be posting more about Telurra in the coming days.

Last edited:

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Looks solid. Here are some questions you could answer for yourself to flesh out the faith.

-Who leads the faith?
-Are there priests?
-If so, how are they chosen/trained?
-Are there monks?
-If so, how do they live their life?
-How did ruination come to be? Is he a natural opposite or a created opposite to Creation?
-Is ruination merely a vile devil, or is he a tester of people's morality and faith?
-Is there a schism in the faith?
-Are there any saints emitted from the book of saints? Are there not officially recognised saints?
-How tolerant of non-believers is the faith?

halisme

Dreamer
Do they believe that Creation created hell and by extension Ruination? If not, how do they explain Hell and Ruination.

R.H. Smith

Minstrel
Hey Osimur_wil,

1.If Creation is represented by the sun and fire, what is Ruination represented by?
2.If all other gods are representations of the 'true' God, are there any other representations of Ruination?
3.Creation has saints, does Ruination have their version of saints (evils)?

What I'm getting at is it's all a balance. Ying and Yang, light and dark. What one side has, the other has their own versions of. Hope this helps!

osimur_wil

Scribe
Hey Osimur_wil,

1.If Creation is represented by the sun and fire, what is Ruination represented by?
2.If all other gods are representations of the 'true' God, are there any other representations of Ruination?
3.Creation has saints, does Ruination have their version of saints (evils)?

What I'm getting at is it's all a balance. Ying and Yang, light and dark. What one side has, the other has their own versions of. Hope this helps!

1. Ruination is represented by darkness, the lack of light.
2. Representations of Ruination are the gods with domains of decay, death, war, and destruction.
3. Ruination has its saints in its champions, those who have given themselves to the dark in mind, body, and soul. Think something like the Champions of Chaos from Warhammer/40k.

osimur_wil

Scribe
Do they believe that Creation created hell and by extension Ruination? If not, how do they explain Hell and Ruination.

This sort of goes hand in hand with Banten's question of "How did Ruination come to be?"

The light from Creation and Heaven casts a shadow, and that shadow is Ruination and Hell.