• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

the goblin showed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
fleamailman said:
("...well, that's because you're very wise, showing the wisdom of your age I imagine..." replied the goblin reaching for his coffee now, adding "...whereas I, in my foolishness it seems, tend to ask questions that in turn lead to yet more questions upon an ever heavier treadmill of understanding that never seems to end...", in fact, the goblin had often called his posting a journey to self then, asking Blue Lotus in return "...can one know oneself by what one posts, is not that which one posts a reflection of self here, need I say more...", the coffee tasted bitter now but the goblin felt awake by it)

Sashamerideth thinks that the Goblin should try sugar in its coffee, or perhaps a Jamaican blend.

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...ah yes, continental coffee, black, small, and with a teaspoon standing up in it too, so how did you so easily guess my inner sensitivities mortal..." inquired the goblin in wonder taken aback, adding "...truth is that here on the continent, in bistros at least, those wine drinkers have given way to the partakers of caffeine a la laptop, something I am most partial to now...")

("...ah but I am only as good as those readers who double up as my audience now,..." replied the goblin again, thinking of it as forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act, saying "...you see, on forumland one writes amongst one's readers, it's very much writing too, only that it's between us here, not like a blog talking down to one, nor a book like you are voiceless, no forumland is the new readership where the author and his works are one and the same...", and with that the goblin hoped that OrionDarkwood would chat with him awhile in the chit chat section, adding "...we can write together if you like, I'm not very good at it, but I'm friendly enough...")

I am new here but would welcome such conversation.

fleamailman

Closed Account
I am new here but would welcome such conversation.

("...well if that is what would please you human..." replied the goblin, continuing "...then I will befriend you and together we can post much, and edit it too, on the edit thread in the chitchat section here, where I am merely another poster like your good self, but where I'll help you where I can even if I can't write like you humans do...", whereupon the goblin hailed for the forum doors to be flung open wide now, and entered inwards wondering if OrionDarkwood would follow, could follow even, remarking "...it's not much I know but it's home, where posting is always what you make of it...")

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...well, I'm easy enough to find I suppose, I need no link now..." replied the goblin, adding "...I'm a livewriter where I see myself as rather good even if my mentors are way better, with ones who have threads with over 50,000 hits to them, where my personal best is only 306posts to 25147 hits, but what of it as I am anonymous where it shouldn't matter to me...", in fact, the secret of livewriting was the tripod of a traceable username, a recognizable persona, and a slow steady flow of content, adding "...one day, if you like I'll show you how it's done then...")

fleamailman

Closed Account
(whereupon the goblin promised Ouroboros that he would indeed go into the local supermarket making it a point to buy peanut baced produce then, saying "...ah yes, anything to support the american economy now...")

fleamailman

Closed Account
"... welcome those who have welcomed me..." said the goblin a little time since first joining this site, and yet the goblin had noticed by now a slight let up in everyones welcoming him here, so the goblin has decided to rewelcome all members who had welcomed him again while suggesting that we could hold a "welcome fleamailman week" with "welcome fleamailman" badges and flags, etc., "...anyway as always I am open to input and debate on this subject afterwards..." ventured the goblin with such magnanimous generosity towards his fellow posters here

paintings.jpg

Ketsuki

Dreamer
Hello fleamailman, how are you?

I'm new to these forums too but I want to extend a welcome and greetings to you too because I am a kindly white tiger spirit like that.

Last edited:

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...well yes I like me too I suppose..." replied the goblin, always happy to be replying to someone, adding "...and now I like you too human, so I guess that makes it likes all round now...", in fact, the goblin was just another poster like anyone else here, only that he saw it as forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act, where the fun was actually writing within the posts directly, adding "...well if you want a readership, without doubt forumland will give you an amazingly diverse and responsive replyship instead, only that one has to be as imaginative as possible and to be on a forum that is forward looking in outlook, where conversely the forum that one has to avoid is the one that tries to clone you into writing as the others around you do, where alas you'll never be different by being the same...")

Ketsuki

Dreamer
Very wise words, I thank you.

What projects are you working on currently? I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...well one runs into the repost hurdle upon this forum, whereas elsewhere on other forums it's often not being allowed to name names or link links..." replied the goblin, adding "...but in general a livewriter tends to get around this impasse by having a username that is unique enough to show up in a google search, since one of the first things readers do these days is a google of one's username...", in fact, the goblin too, often googled those usernames he was addressing here to see it they were across forums, concluding "...so my advice is find a username that is unique, and to stick to it across forums, so that if the forum should fold, or if one is expelled from it, others can find you again, and you can find others again...")

fleamailman

Closed Account
"...welcome to our forum here and to forumland in general too..." went the goblin, doing his bit to welcome those who had welcomed him, continuing "...where in fact for all its outward appearance of diversity you'll probably only ever meet four types of humans on forumland here, their being, the ignorant who don't know of your posts, the morons who ignore your posts, the sheep who read your posts, and the nutters who actually reply...", at which point the goblin, who felt that he had covered the topic of forum readership to a tee here, asked "...so does this in-depth analysis get me the nobel prize for literature I wonder..."

George_Bush_Biography1.jpg

fleamailman

Closed Account
the goblin welcomed those who welcomed him, simply saying "...what I post into my posts is what I get out of them, yes but also they are a reflection of myself, perhaps all posts reflect their poster in that way...", and with that thought the goblin's mind went back to a picture in the london's national gallery where a well painted portrait of a man is looking down at one with the caption "if you have nothing better than silence, remain silent", yet the goblin hated that caption, "...how will I even know if I had something better than silence if I remained silent..." asked the goblin to the man in the portrait

ROSASelfPortrait.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.