• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

what are you doing

fleamailman

Closed Account
the goblin is looking up from the laptop out the window where the cold but sunny Chamonix afternoon shows a man with some muscular disorder erratically trying to help himself up onto the curb from a wheelchair where his carer hasn't quite got the knack it seems, so the goblin thinks nothing of it till the carer succeeds in getting the front wheels up and where in her first step it hits the goblin that she too limps badly, after which they then cross slow clumsy loving glances at one another and then laugh happily on their way together as it nothing had happened, that is, as if they were no different from anyone else, which of course they weren't any different, save perhaps that the goblin had now caught a bit of their happiness in his post here he felt, goblins often stole from life like this, "...we're not to be trusted you know..." whispered the goblin again with a smile

mythical_magic.jpg

Last edited:
I'm eagerly awaiting the first proof copy of my second book, Legend of Alm: The Story of Slate Ahn Book II.

I just finished it up yesterday, along with the artwork, which is now on my website. Legend of Alm - Legend of Alm home

Now, until the book comes, I get a few days of watching crap Netflix and playing Age of Wonders.

Life is good :)

fleamailman

Closed Account
the goblin was casting spells with his pen, saying "...well it only has to please one person, but that won't happen if one is timid now...", outside the bistro though, the snow fell to little puffs of smoke below rising from the huddled mass of a few remaining smokers who drank their coffees at the tables provided for them as if in some defiance to that anti smoking rule within the bistro now, and also in defiance too, against that continuous snowsfall, in fact the goblin admired their courage even, saying "...well, if they ever wanted to look cool by smoking, they have succeeded all too well at this point..."

monkeys.jpg

fleamailman

Closed Account
once more seated between his coffee and his computer, slowly the goblin closes up his latest "today" and places it neatly into his past as yet one more "today" in a line of so many "todays" stretching back to a point beyond his own memory, where his mind, having a quick guess of how many memories he must now have memorized against some rough total of "todays" he has lived, feels cheated at how little he actually remembers now, even if he tries to deflect the self-resentment with a quick retort like "...but anyway what does anyone owe their past anyway, and how can someone pay it back in kind...", outside, upon the cold wet street, as if in some echo to the goblin's pensive reflective mood inside perhaps, where the morning's rain had just continued unbroken on through this "today" then to this now late evening moment, until in the end, and upon giving up too, the goblin simply said "...well I guess we owe it to our past not to forget it, but how we do so easily forget our past where we don't fight not to..."

pict0301smallanimated7yh-1.gif

Last edited:

fleamailman

Closed Account
the goblin too, was musing over something about "the hijacking of ideology to create authoritarianism", in that he saw that when one compared nazism under hitler, and communism under stalin, that is, their both having universal welfare, youth movements, a state managed system, compulsory service, state created jobs, labor camps for undesirables and dissidents, etc., etc., etc., etc., it became clear that, although some ideological difference may still exist in the ideology alone, the actual results on the ground was a perfect match each time, "...so ether way, the path to authoritarianism seems paved in ideology then, so much so that fascism/communism/religion/fear and any other ideology too, are all usurped in their turn to create some authority here over those within its grasp..." mentioned the goblin, who somehow tried to have no ideology remaining anonymous throughout

Top Ten Signs Your Country May Be Going Fascist - YouTube

stalin.jpg

I'm going over material for my college entrance interview tomorrow.

We lost the baby (ectopic) So I decided to go back to school to take my mind off yet another disappointment. This is our third. :(

Before the interview I have an appointment with a career path coordinator. Not sure if I want to go pre med or into law. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks SideKick,
Thats life, win some lose some. IDK if we will try again. There are millions of children who need good homes. Perhaps we will adopt.

Either way, I need to focus on something else. Just set up an extra class where I can take a 10 week course to get my national certification in phlebotomy. Even though I already know all this and have done this work for two years in a hospital setting it seems here in VA one is not allowed to work with out that certificate. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, Thanks for the kind thoughts. Hope all is well with you! :)

So I fixed a major! I'm going to the Radiology program. I'm actually excited!!! Now I can't wait to get my degree as a radiologist.
So the next few years of my life will be busy. Thankfully.

The good news is that the program admissions office has seats the bad news is that I have been wait listed since I'm an out of state student.

That just gives me time to buy all the first year books study and clep out of some of the more routine (boring) ones. :Biggrin:

Until then I am going to take some refresher classes with the hope that by doing so with high passing marks I will get accepted into the program in 2013.

New Mexico here I come!!! :bounce: I move in 4 months time.

Reaver

Staff
Congrats Lotus! New Mexico is a very nice state. I worked in Dona Ana, near Las Cruces, for quite a while. It's lovely. Take a leisurely drive through the deserts there and you'll be sure to see herds of Axis, Fallow and Sika deer as well as Nilgai Antelope. Don't forget your camera---they're gorgeous animals.

As for what I'm doing...I finished a thirteen hour shift at 0800 PST and am still awake. I'll be crashing out soon, though.

Congrats Lotus! New Mexico is a very nice state. I worked in Dona Ana, near Las Cruces, for quite a while. It's lovely. Take a leisurely drive through the deserts there and you'll be sure to see herds of Axis, Fallow and Sika deer as well as Nilgai Antelope. Don't forget your camera---they're gorgeous animals.

As for what I'm doing...I finished a thirteen hour shift at 0800 PST and am still awake. I'll be crashing out soon, though.

NM is a really pretty place! I have friends that we visit there about twice a year. I'll be on their sofa for a bit while We transition things about.

The medical school there is one of the best in the country which is wonderful as well. I can't wait to get started. I have been emailed a list of pre required classes (just now) that I need to take while I wait for a seat within the program. Poor Siva his head is spinning atm but, he is being supportive about the whole process. Which is always a good thing.

Contacting the local community college was a good idea they have all the pre required classes there and the credits transfer with 0 issues but the price tag is by far lower! Again a good thing because funding for Med school is no joke.

Last edited: