• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

C

Chessie

Very sad when we lose pets. My cats are inside cats only.

When we lived in the city the cats were only allowed in the yard. In the mountains it's a different story. We're the only house on our street. Our nearest neighbors can be heard, not seen, and so we live in the middle of a forest. Not much danger during the day but certainly at night. They're allowed outside during the day for a limited period of time. The only reason we lost one was because she slipped out of a cracked window somehow (we still have no idea how she was able to play Houdini on that one).

Our system isn't without fault though. This summer, I was outside with the calico trying to get her inside and refused to budge/come to my call. She wouldn't move from her spot underneath the porch. When I went back inside, I saw a lynx walking down our driveway. I immediately went outside to shoo it away (yes, I'm pretty stupid). Our cat, smart girl, was actually hiding under the porch and lay completely silent until the lynx left. These cats know the dangers for the most part. But there are times of the year we don't let them out like in the fall when a lot of pets go missing around here. We think it's because all sorts of predators are moving through these valleys in order to get to their winter/hibernating grounds and eat some snacks along the way. For example, the owls move in when the cold comes and leave in the spring.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Mines an outdoor cat only. Same circumstance as Chessie. We've never had a litter box for her and cat food is basically a suppliment to her mouse/bird diet.

Oh and yeah, when she was only a few weeks old she almost got eaten by a barn owl, poor thing.

Last edited:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I read an article about a book called LTI (LTI ? Lingua Tertii Imperii - Wikipedia). It's a topic that quite interests me, and which I think is important and overlooked, so the article had me excited. Unfortunately, it was written in a horribly convoluted fashion, making it difficult to read. It's like the writer tried to impress me with his language skills and his use of fancy words, but didn't quite pull it off.

It annoyed me no end.

C

Chessie

Speaking of cats, my entire chest and shoulder area is jacked from the calico. She likes to climb all over me then gets spooked and digs in with her claws. Earlier today, some bunnies were feeding in our backyard and I was carrying her by the window when she saw them. Needless to say, my left shoulder area looks like someone took a knife and tried to make art.

Btw, this is what she does to bunnies:

death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Jack Russell Terrier likes hanging onto one end of a knotted rope while I hold the other end and spin her around me, occasionally lifting her feet off the floor. It's good exercise for me.

I once dreamed I was being chased by a giant snake. It was about 200 yards long, about an eighth of a mile. My younger brother Steve showed up and beat it up. He was always the strong one. When he was a senior in high school, he could beat pretty much anyone in the county -- grown men included -- at arm wrestling.

I liked building things with blocks, fixing puzzles, etc. Steve would come along and tear everything down or mess it up. So I'm not sure why I had a sort of hero worship of him, but we were brothers and while we might have been at personal odds sometimes, we'd both staunchly defend the other against outsiders.

Steve's gone now, the telling of which is too depressing to relate here. But he's still with me too.

Damn those attacking dream squirrels.

C

Chessie

So our police department accidentally caught our town serial killer. It was huge news yesterday. What a relief! We can actually walk our city trails again without fear of being slaughtered.

So our police department accidentally caught our town serial killer. It was huge news yesterday. What a relief! We can actually walk our city trails again without fear of being slaughtered.

Wow! That's some big news there! Glad the killer was caught, and that hopefully justice will be served.

C

Chessie

Well...he's dead, actually. He tried to kill a police officer and got taken down by a group of them.