• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

C

Chessie

Just reminding myself why I write novels in the first place this morning:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nagash

Sage

Just my tearjerker music of the moment... Perfect for some wistful writing.

I listen to this, and I only hear regrets.

C

Chessie

^^ One of my favorite bands. Even got kicked in the jaw at one of their concerts. :)

Pandora: Jeremy Soule station with gaming soundtracks, most of them fantasy related. I have a lot of words to write today so this will be a boon.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Current favorite among recently discovered songs:
Containst the line "do you recognize the songs that reflect your light" which has gotten stuck in my head in all kinds of ways lately.

C

Chessie

I imagine...the tavern in Solitude, The Winking Skeever:

C

Chessie

This one totally showcases my love for strings. Awesome album:

[video=youtube_share;ORg_9rkM9os]https://youtu.be/ORg_9rkM9os[/video]

C

Chessie

I found this quite relaxing for writing:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Got reminded to share my music - thanks Chessie. This is the song currently playing. It's in Faroese (unless I'm mistaken) and it's quite representative of the mood/setting of my current story:

C

Chessie

^^My husband has been obsessed with Swedish music lately. Not that he understands a lick of it.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Well, if that's the way it is...
This song was originally written by Swedish 18th century poet Carl Michael Bellman and here performed by 80's rock band Imperiet - probably best known for its singer, punk rock legend Joakim Thåström:
Not that I'd call this rock, but it's absolutely awesome still - especially if you understand the lyrics. :p

Tom

Istar
Been listening to a lot of Green Day lately. Between their new album and the performance they gave at the AMAs the other night, I feel they're more relevant now than they've been in a while.