• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What physical traits make your world fantasy besides magic?

Peter Himin

Dreamer
Well my doesn't differ fantasy wise per se, more that it differs in more science related ways, for example my planet is about 25% larger than earth but has rufly the same gravity due to it being less dense instead of it being completly sized up form earth and having higher gravity.
Other ways it's different is the gaseous composition of the atmosphere whereas earth has 78.084& nitrogen, 20.946% oxygen, 0.9340 % agron, 0.04% Carbon Dioxide, and small amounts of other gases, my world has higher oxygen levels, lower nitrogen, and Carbon Dioxide levels, and an overall thicker atmosphere thus making it possible for lager animals than possible on earth, and would be slightly greener (although not immidetly obvious), making the sky more cyan than blue, and a redder looking sun.
Also the land to water ratio of my planet it diffrent with earth having about 70.78% water, to 29.21% land, and my planet having 72.94 water, to 27.05 land, broken up into like earth two main landmasses (including islands) one being 80 million km2 (15.68%), and the other 58 million km2 (11.37%)
Note: the reason why I keep aluding to my planet, as my planet instead of a stright out name is, like earth there is many names for it, and I don't feel like just choosing one with which the entire planet has calls it (although not real).

D

Deleted member 4265

Honestly, the geography and climate of my world is pretty mundane. All the defining features of it are pretty much made by humanoid creatures. There are mysterious ancient ruins, an underwater city, that sort of thing. This is intentional because the setting of my WIP is completely urban. It doesn't make sense to have something like brain-eating manticore's roaming plains, or weird glowing caves that hypnotize and confuse the intruder (although the latter does actually exist in my story) if my characters are never going to set foot outside the walls of the capitols to see any of these things.

Vaporo

Inkling
My story takes place on two planets locked in orbit around each other, where each world essentially acts as the other's moon. There are no stars, so during the night there is perfect darkness whenever the opposing world is not visible. The people and animals in my world have a few adaptations to handle the darkness, but other than that everything else is pretty mundane.

TheKillerBs

Maester
My story takes place on two planets locked in orbit around each other, where each world essentially acts as the other's moon. There are no stars, so during the night there is perfect darkness whenever the opposing world is not visible. The people and animals in my world have a few adaptations to handle the darkness, but other than that everything else is pretty mundane.

Seems like night time travel would be a right pain in such a world. Especially sailing.